F.A.T. is back again

Dan III

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently been asked by a friend from college to stand up in his wedding. I talk to this friend several times a year, and actually see him probably twice a year. I was honored he thought enough of me to ask me to take part. Then I find out that there are 13 fellahs standing in the wedding (12 + the best man.) His wife-to-be also has a maid of honor and 12 honies on her side. I think this is absurd. I have no problem sitting in the audience, and wouldn't feel slighted at all. How do the 'on-the-fence' friends feel who get invited to the wedding but are not one of the lucky 13?

What is the appropriate number of groomsmen and bridesmaids in a wedding party?

I have recently been asked by a friend from college to stand up in his wedding.  I talk to this friend several times a year, and actually see him probably twice a year.  I was honored he thought enough of me to ask me to take part.  Then I find out that there are 13 fellahs standing in the wedding (12 + the best man.)  His wife-to-be also has a maid of honor and 12 honies on her side.  I think this is absurd.  I have no problem sitting in the audience, and wouldn't feel slighted at all.  How do the 'on-the-fence' friends feel who get invited to the wedding but are not one of the lucky 13?

712611[/snapback]

who cares? 12 bridesmaids definitely increases YOUR chances. And it makes it easier to land more than one without the others knowing. :rolleyes:

who cares? 12 bridesmaids definitely increases YOUR chances. And it makes it easier to land more than one without the others knowing. :rolleyes:

712612[/snapback]

Tis true...However, my bringing girlfriend also increases my chances of getting some from her....but forcing her to stay sober enough to drive while I get bombed decreases my chances of getting some. Should I throw out the old, "It's okay babe, you can leave, I'll catch a ride with one of the bridesmaids" line?

712612[/snapback]

exactly, weddings are like Mardi Gras for unattached chicks with low self-esteem.

Tis true...However, my bringing girlfriend also increases my chances of getting some from her....but forcing her to stay sober enough to drive while I get bombed decreases my chances of getting some.  Should I throw out the old, "It's okay babe, you can leave, I'll catch a ride with one of the bridesmaids" line?

712617[/snapback]

tell her there is a limo for every one "in" the wedding...

I have recently been asked by a friend from college to stand up in his wedding.  I talk to this friend several times a year, and actually see him probably twice a year.  I was honored he thought enough of me to ask me to take part.  Then I find out that there are 13 fellahs standing in the wedding (12 + the best man.)  His wife-to-be also has a maid of honor and 12 honies on her side.  I think this is absurd.  I have no problem sitting in the audience, and wouldn't feel slighted at all.  How do the 'on-the-fence' friends feel who get invited to the wedding but are not one of the lucky 13?

712611[/snapback]

Wedding protocol requires that you drink to much to stand, so therefore you're out.

What did JP Losman do to Holcombs arm to make him hate him so much that he refuses to even acknowledge his existence?

And why is the arm all over Nall's jock?

712613[/snapback]

HA is still upset TD drafted JP instead of signing Kurt Warner. He is not so much pro-Nall as anti-JP.

HA is still upset TD drafted JP instead of signing Kurt Warner. He is not so much pro-Nall as anti-JP.

712627[/snapback]

So a more appropriate name would be "Anyone but JP's Arm" Got it.

Loved the books. The movie sucked balls.

712676[/snapback]

Never read the books. Most Adams' fans feel the way you do, understandably so. I thought Rickman's voice for Marvin was genius, though.

The thread is officially hi-jacked.