Mularkeys trick plays

Frez

I'd be happy with just a bag of regular old plays that work.

53108[/snapback]

Me too, but if it's a "trick play" we're looking for - this is my choice.

On first and goal from the one, the Bills run the damn ball. :)

If that doesn't work with Henry, then try option B - give the ball to Willis.

Let's hope all the talk about being committed to the run nets out something over 2 1/2 yards per carry today. The boys have a lot of catching up to do to make the run averages anywhere near respectable.

I hope he tricks EVERYONE and just does what he said he was gonna do and POUND THE DAMN BALL....

guess what? If you run the ball 25 times in the first three quarters, and only get 40 yards, this will still wear down the defense, and they WILL break. They will.

But then again, there are people that LIKE seeing fake punts on your own 15, and Eric Moulds subbing in at QB.

Lets trick the world, and win a game by pounding the ball.

I have a feeling we will see a new bag of trick plays tomorrow.

53101[/snapback]

Yeah, well so far more have failed than done much for us. That punt pass wasn't a trick play,it was a simple audible.

But then again, there are people that LIKE seeing fake punts

53121[/snapback]

I'm not arguing the overall gist of your post, but there is one thing that should be addressed regarding the faked punt against Oakland.

Kevin Thomas, Joe Burns, and Moorman all recognized that the Raiders shifted one of their guys towards the line after the Bills lined up to generate more pressure, which left the Bills gunner (Thomas) unchecked.

All 3 recognized the situation and Moorman audiblized, Thomas didn't have a Raider within 10 yards of him as Moorman threw it, easy first down with a punter as athletic as Moorman.

But that wasn't a called fake, it was an audible by Moorman. This link is on my Backers Club's website and has Mularkey discussing the play in greater detail...

I'm not arguing the overall gist of your post, but there is one thing that should be addressed regarding the faked punt against Oakland.

Kevin Thomas, Joe Burns, and Moorman all recognized that the Raiders shifted one of their guys towards the line after the Bills lined up to generate more pressure, which left the Bills gunner (Thomas) unchecked.

All 3 recognized the situation and Moorman audiblized, Thomas didn't have a Raider within 10 yards of him as Moorman threw it, easy first down with a punter as athletic as Moorman.

But that wasn't a called fake, it was an audible by Moorman.  This link is a video from my Backers Club website and has Mularkey discussing the play in greater detail...

53159[/snapback]

Agreed, Campy.

A trick play in that situation would be for Moulds to receive a direct snap and try to run for a first down. The extra pressure that OakLawn brought to bear blew up in their face as a well schooled and alert special team immediately recognized the WIDE OPEN receiver and made them pay the price. One could argue that OakLawn actually pulled a trick play and it got typical trick play results. :)

That being said, I do would like to see some trickeration. Maybe we could bring out a snowplow just before halftime. :)

If their going to run a trick play... its best to use ones not involving Drew. The plays just take to long to develop with him in the mix.

53231[/snapback]

We're not talking the option out of the wishbone. If there's a flea-flicker, all he does is back up and take the toss. If it's a reverse, he'll get downfield and blow somebody up- he's done it before.

Any trickery that directly involves Drew will IMO have him waiting to receive a ball on a flea-flicker or similar play. But I would be ROTFLMAO if they do an HB-option pass with DB as the receiver... I guess it COULD work because it would surprise every-freekin'-body! :)

i am still waiting to see the dual threat of willis and travis being on the field together.it has to confuse or make the defense just a little hesitant,if they don't know which back is getting the ball.all we see is willis going into the games when travis has cramps or to spell him.i want to see both guys out there.willis was a #1 pick .now that he is healthy lets use him,and this is not a diss travis post.i just want a coach to use all the weapons we have.kinda like how marv used to be.fit a game plan to our personal.go bills

i am still waiting to see the dual threat of willis and travis being on the field together.it has to confuse or make the defense just a little hesitant,if they don't know which back is getting the ball.all we see is willis going into the games when travis has cramps or to spell him.i want to see both guys out there.willis was a #1 pick .now that he is healthy lets use him,and this is not a diss travis post.i just want a coach to use all the weapons we have.kinda like how marv used to be.fit a game plan to our personal.go bills

53283[/snapback]

AMEN!

B)