Sabres Getting Respect

slothrop

He's not the only one.

Link

And if you think the parties in Tampa Bay and Carolina the past two seasons were something, wait until Buffalo’s day in the sun finally arrives.

That’s going to be some celebration.

They might even invite Scott Norwood.

Great, Buffalo is now going to miss the playoffs next year

Thanks alot media for jumping on the bandwagon, we may have just blown out a tire

Its all the medias fault now if they don't do well next year, or Darcy's if he keeps low balling Buffalo's top player to get them for nothing (Briere was given a qualifying offer of 1.9 mil, and yes I know it is just a starting point for the tender and they will renegotiate, but an offer like that is like spitting in the guys face, this team may be just too cheap to be a champion)

Great, Buffalo is now going to miss the playoffs next year

Thanks alot media for jumping on the bandwagon, we may have just blown out a tire

Its all the medias fault now if they don't do well next year, or Darcy's if he keeps low balling Buffalo's top player to get them for nothing (Briere was given a qualifying offer of 1.9 mil, and yes I know it is just a starting point for the tender and they will renegotiate, but an offer like that is like spitting in the guys face, this team may be just too cheap to be a champion)

711799[/snapback]

I agree. It's bad karma for Buffalo teams to be picked to win. Besides, Regier may not be able to keep this team together without increasing the payroll significantly. Something Golisano has said won't happen.

PTR

I agree.  It's bad karma for Buffalo teams to be picked to win.  Besides, Regier may not be able to keep this team together without increasing the payroll significantly.  Something Golisano has said won't happen.

PTR

711836[/snapback]

Like it's been good karma all those years we were picked to be cellar dwellers? We can hem and haw about this stuff till we make it to the top. It's going to be damn sweet when it happens. And long overdue.

Talk about bad karma or not wanting the Sabres to be frontrunners all you want. Reading both of those articles just gave me goosebumps. Now, just give me the blue and gold colors back.

Talk about bad karma or not wanting the Sabres to be frontrunners all you want.  Reading both of those articles just gave me goosebumps.  Now, just give me the blue and gold colors back.

711849[/snapback]

Right on. Screw Karma and the Buffalo Curse. These guys are going to get it done.

And if you think the parties in Tampa Bay and Carolina the past two seasons were something, wait until Buffalo’s day in the sun finally arrives.

Ha. I told my wife that I'll run outside and flip our car over should we land a cup or the SB.

711799[/snapback]

I'm sick of reading comments like this. League-wide, every RFA who receives a qualifying offer is given the absolute minimum. If Philly or Detroit did this to one of their RFAs (and I guarantee that you will), no one would accuse them of being cheap, but since we're the small market, people just assume Darcy's a cheap bastard.

I'm sick of reading comments like this.  League-wide, every RFA who receives a qualifying offer is given the absolute minimum.  If Philly or Detroit did this to one of their RFAs (and I guarantee that you will), no one would accuse them of being cheap, but since we're the small market, people just assume Darcy's a cheap bastard.

712367[/snapback]

What I was trying to say (atleast the point I was trying to make) is that you don't low ball a player like Briere who is one of the main reasons the team had such great success last year. It doesn't send off a good message to him, or to other possible FA's who may have had interest coming to Buffalo.

It has nothing to do with Buffalo Being a small market, it has to do with being willing to give the players what they deserve and keeping them wanting to play in Buffalo.

What I was trying to say (atleast the point I was trying to make) is that you don't low ball a player like Briere who is one of the main reasons the team had such great success last year. It doesn't send off a good message to him, or to other possible FA's who may have had interest coming to Buffalo.

It has nothing to do with Buffalo Being a small market, it has to do with being willing to give the players what they deserve and keeping them wanting to play in Buffalo.

712546[/snapback]

They're not lowballing him, at least not publicly. They are retaining his rights knowing full well they are going to negotiatiate, or, barring that, hit arbitration.

712546[/snapback]

I know exactly what you were saying. My point is that no one says this stuff about any of those big market teams even though they do the same exact thing. It's not a shot at you, just a general comment.