"Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"

ajzepp

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FUTBAL!!??!!!??

oops, wrong thread.... :P

U-S-A!!!  U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!

712105[/snapback]

USA! USA! USA!

How great would it be if we beat Ghana 5-0 tomorrow and to hell with the Italy/Czech game?

USA!  USA!  USA!

How great would it be if we beat Ghana 5-0 tomorrow and to hell with the Italy/Czech game?

712119[/snapback]

Dude, if that happened I think the US team would be all over the news and even more people would take notice of the WC.....that would rock :) I don't know how good Ghana's defense is, but the only two players who have scored for them are out of the match. If Argentina can put up 6, we can put up 5 :P

Interesting. Quality?

V, comes out in two weeks I believe.

712036[/snapback]

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing, but I did a quick scan, looks pretty good. It's been reduced from a dual-layer DVD-9 to a single-layer DVD-5 using a very expensive program (Cinema Craft Encoder, 8-pass), ...the quality won't be as good as the released DVD, but it may be close, depending how many special features/other language audio tracks are stipped. It does have 5.1 sound.

Here's the NFO.

Amazon says it will be released on 8/1.... this might do until then.

If not, I'm out about 16 cents (cost of a blank DVD+R).

Shane Black is either the hero or the villian of any screenwriter you talk to. He is definitely a polarizing persona.

Personally, I love his style. I went to a talk he gave a few months back before KKBB came out, I've been a fan of his stuff since the 80s (he's the man who virtually re-invented the buddy cop genre with Lethal Weapon, and also did a whole bunch of other great 80s/90s B movies like Last Boyscout, Last Action Hero etc). He took almost 5 years off between his last film and KKBB because he was tired of his scripts getting rewritten and turned into crap (see Long Kiss Goodnight). He was holding out for the opportunity to direct his own material.

KKBB is definitely a Shane Black take on the Noir genre (I guess it would be a neo-noir film?). Witty, hilarious and always entertaining. Definitely worth checking out.

For those of you who don't know much about Shane Black but are fans of those action movies in the 80s, check out Predator -- he has a role in that (the guy in Arnold's crew with the glasses, the only one who isn't on Roids). Legend was he had to beg to get the part and originally he didn't have any lines, everything that made the final cut (according to him) were lines he improved.

I think the only part of the PP I laughed at was the very beginnng when the MGM lion roared and was shoved out of the way by the panther.... :P

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is a witty, smart, funny flick....you can't take it too seriously, though....lemme know if you dig it!

711945[/snapback]

Da Dem-bu-guh!!!

Only part that got me. That was all Steve Martin, who is still a comedic genius IMHO.

Da Dem-bu-guh!!!

Only part that got me. That was all Steve Martin, who is still a comedic genius IMHO.

712199[/snapback]

haha, yeah, that part was funny.....I'd just seen it so many times in commercials and previews that I'd already laughed it out of my system by the time I saw the flick. His facial expressions were great, though.