Rogue helicopter haunts man

There’s a public hearing at every Charlotte NC city council meeting and those who wish to speak sign up ahead of time. In this particular clip, a man steps to the podium to address the council about homeland security. He mentions the fact the old arena (1988) couldn't make ice - a very true statement. His speak goes south in a hurry. Trust me, watch the video.

Video link

There’s a public hearing at every Charlotte NC city council meeting and those who wish to speak sign up ahead of time. In this particular clip, a man steps to the podium to address the council about homeland security. He mentions the fact the old arena (1988) couldn't make ice - a very true statement. His speak goes south in a hurry. Trust me, watch the video.

Video link

711339[/snapback]

Is he a poster here on this board? Just wondering.

I'm not sure about that, the new link says he has an extensive collection of Barbara Streisand Cd's. Joe's more of a Ted Nugent fan, no?

:huh:

711440[/snapback]

No, but you're close. He loves his album of Streisand doing Nugent tunes.

Cat Scratch Fever by Babs is definitely a collector's item.

No, but you're close. He loves his album of Streisand doing Nugent tunes.

Cat Scratch Fever by Babs is definitely a collector's item.

711441[/snapback]

I hear from the West coast, That Album, aka, Scratch and sniff with a side of Brolin, was quite popular. Though, I thought it bad taste, when she included, with each album, a Pubic hair, tacky, none the less.

Is your copy signed? I wouldn't have anything to do with that skank.

:huh:

The funny and sad thing about this nut job is his basic story is correct. When they built the Charlotte "Hive" in 1987 it was suggested they be able to make ice. George Shinn, President of the Hornets, poo-pooed the idea. Charlotte's minor league hockey team, the Checkers continued to play in an old 50's style arena. Fast forward to 1995-96. Hartford Whalers owner Peter Karmanos visited Charlotte in secret and wanted to move the Whalers here. NO dice. Shinn wanted a new uptown arena with more skyboxes. Peter caught wind and even agreed to temporarily move the team to Greensboro (90 minutes north) until a new uptown arena was built. Shinn pissed off the city leaders and fans. The arena got tabled but Karmanos brought his team to North Carolina and Raleigh built him and NC State a nice new arena. Shinn leaves Charlotte with the Hornets and the city feels like the prom date that got dumped. Taxpayers get raked over the coals to build a new uptown arena for an expansion NBA team. And yes, it does make ice well. The Checkers moved uptown too.

As much as I hate the Canes, I would trade them straight up for the NBA's Bobcats.