The case for the wmd's preemptive iraq war

I’m now beginning to think “cutting and running” is the best policy because as soon as Iran annexes Iraq and butchers all the Sunni it will simplify things by shinning a bright enough light on Iran that even the Europeans can see.

712055[/snapback]

You ever watch the neil cavuto show on fox, he had one of the regulars on talking about how to improve the dow's slide? bomb iran and the market will improve.

But there is a news alert , right now, saying they found wmd's right now.

I’m now beginning to think “cutting and running” is the best policy because as soon as Iran annexes Iraq and butchers all the Sunni it will simplify things by shinning a bright enough light on Iran that even the Europeans can see.

712055[/snapback]

That you Cindy? :P

But again...like I said, that's what a Western program would do.  Iraq - were they pursuing a nuclear program - doesn't necessarily have to use state-of-the-art technology.  Hell, they don't even have to use state-of-the-art '60's technology...they're perfectly welcome to come up with their own solutions to engineering problems (and have - "dusty mustard" is a nasty chemical weapon they invented).  Just because the US hasn't used aluminum in 40 years, doesn't mean no one else can.

712019[/snapback]

Exactly.

In fact, Iraqs best chance for enriching uranium for a bomb would be to use older, aluminum based rotors for thier centrifuge. Using maraging steel would be too high profile. A Zippe-type centrifuge is much cheaper and easier to conceal for a covert nuclear weapons program.

Theoretically.

As you pointed out, it is impossible to say what those particular pieces of aluminum were intented for...

But there is a news alert , right now, saying they found wmd's right now.

712056[/snapback]

On Fox? Fox reports the wmd's found once a week. I think it's just a test they run..."This is a test of the emergency WMD broadcast system. This is only a test. If this had been an actual alert, pigs would fly and hell would have frozen over."

Even if live munitions ready to be fired existed back in 2002, they're long gone by now. Still wouldn't stop Fox from reporting it, though. :P

On Fox?  Fox reports the wmd's found once a week.  I think it's just a test they run..."This is a test of the emergency WMD broadcast system.  This is only a test.  If this had been an actual alert, pigs would fly and hell would have frozen over."

Even if live munitions ready to be fired existed back in 2002, they're long gone by now.  Still wouldn't stop Fox from reporting it, though.  :P

712088[/snapback]

Yep, you got me I was watching fox, although the wmd's are from 91 and I believe useless, they found something. Man, I usually watch a range of news programs, but while reading about the media and how slanted it can be, to the point, it's not news, it's partisan agenda.. And I knew that, but reading about is like wtf it's that bad.. Then I checked on accuracy in reporting with videos, and more wtf... Your right, shut off the tv and find independent news.. How about listing some ctm, to make the job easier..

One that doesn't consist of proven axe-grinding bullshitters like Soros or MoveOn.org.

Which basically means: no one.  Turn of the TV and try to find some independent sources.

711344[/snapback]

Ya, thanks for the red pill and the porridge sucks too :P