Wow, the Patriot fans are so cocky!

Frez

I hate to say it, but he's right. I mean, guys, without any factual reason for saying things, why say them? "We will beat the pats?" "They have no reason to be cocky?" "they are not that good"? "The suck"... 

they are the best in the NFL. The best. They havnt lost since the last time Ed got laid, and they show no signs of slowing down.

If you want to say why we will win, give some good matchup reasons, etc... not "they suck" ...

53221[/snapback]

Well, maybe with a little luck, a turnover or two and a few good bounces, Ed gets laid tomorrow at about 4 PM. :)

I hate to say it, but he's right. I mean, guys, without any factual reason for saying things, why say them? "We will beat the pats?" "They have no reason to be cocky?" "they are not that good"? "The suck"... 

they are the best in the NFL. The best. They havnt lost since the last time Ed got laid, and they show no signs of slowing down.

If you want to say why we will win, give some good matchup reasons, etc... not "they suck" ...

53221[/snapback]

There's a middle ground between suck and dominant. I've said this a couple of times: the Pats are a team that wins by capitalizing on mistakes. They are not a "dominating" team like the Rams offense of a few years back, for example. They are unbeaten, but not unbeatable. The key is to not have any turnovers. Give them the short field and they will get points out of it. They are 4 for 5 in converting turnovers into points this year, for a total of 20 points. The 5th was a fumble on their own 1.

You see nothing in our offense that has improved. Last year's offense could not move the ball. I believe we led the league in "3 and outs." This year we move the ball, but allow the drives to stall due to negative plays. A vast majority of the times we've kicked the ball away have been resulting from a negative play from that set of downs. In other words, we can get 10 yards in 3 plays, but not more. We need to reduce those miscues, and also be better at overcoming when those miscues happen.

Further, we have at least found the end zone in each game, which we couldn't say for the bulk of last season...

This isn't about position-by-position, it's about playing a relatively clean game. As you've seen the "wheel of blame" spin around here, it's clear that it's not a single player making huge mistakes that are costing us games. I think the bye week helped us clean out the cobwebs that have led to the stupid mental errors. I at least want to hope that.

It doesn't seem likely we'll win but I do have a feeling about this game. I think win or lose we'll know exactly where the rest of the season is heading. These guys don't need any more motivation. If they win obviously we know they have some guts and can beat an oustanding team. If they lose but play hard and hang in the game and lose by a small margin at least we know they have heart. Losing to a team like NE and hanging in there for 60min there's hope (although they're still 0-3) If they get blown out well then they have no heart and don't deserve any respect.