Lucky Louie

Does anyone watch this show here? And what do you think? It's a terrific idea for a show, I want to see other folks opinions if you have seen it.

710458[/snapback]

I have watched and I have enjoyed it. It has been good for a few laugh out loud moments.

Wifey and I watched it after it was referred to us by a friend, and personally speaking, we found it absolutely funny as schitt. I've never been one for the crude, rude "Married with Children" type stuff, but this show is off the wall...to a large extent because of the language. The way the dude talks to his daughter is a little disturbing, but it's still funny because you just don't expect people to air this kind of thing.

But you'll see...it will soon be one of the most-watched non-reality shows in the world, and once it becomes popular, I'll have to stop watching it.

Please fill in the uneducated on this terrific idea

710487[/snapback]

It's HBO so obviously they can do and say whatever they want. It's just a regular, simple, family sitcom like Everybody Loves Raymond or any show with a father and mother and little kid and wacky friends and neighbors, except they swear like hell and show nudity and talk about all kinds of taboo subjects in totally un-PC ways. It's very raunchy.

It's HBO so obviously they can do and say whatever they want. It's just a regular, simple, family sitcom like Everybody Loves Raymond or any show with a father and mother and little kid and wacky friends and neighbors, except they swear like hell and show nudity and talk about all kinds of taboo subjects in totally un-PC ways. It's very raunchy.

710494[/snapback]

How inspiring... :P

710494[/snapback]

I like nudity...

Please fill in the uneducated on this terrific idea

710487[/snapback]

The format is your typical 30 minute sit-com. Cheesy set, low budget production, set-up then punchline type jokes. The content however is crude and vulgar ala Married with Children only it's on HBO so there's no censoring anything.

So basically, it's about a lower middle class family eeking it out and telling lots of crude and vulgar jokes.

I watched the first episode, and while I didn't love it, I liked it enough to keep tuining in. I don't think it is as silly as "Married With Children", as it is a little more reality based, which makes it funnier, IMO. Like a lot of shows, it seems like one of those things that will take a few episodes to get its' pacing down.

It kind of reminded me a little more of "Roseanne", IMO, one of the very best sitcoms of the last 20 years on network tv...save the last two dreadful seasons.

I will keep watcing.