Partial or Full?

A month ago, my 1987 upper right bridge broke away (A Bridge Too Far...:P). On the 14th, I had 3 extractions to clean up the aftermath - six shots with the novacaine needle - what fun what joy THAT was! :P

The left upper molars are long gone...industrial accident decades ago.

The front teeth are OK; bottoms are fine.

So...any false teeth folks out there with some advice?

The front canines are in good shape, and could anchor a partial or a full plate. But I wonder if a partial would stress them, and if a full plate is the way to go? Yanking out those front four chiclets is a trivial matter.

have them all taken out . be a man .

710285[/snapback]

I was. Everybody, oral surgeon included, said I should have had a general anesthetic for those three. It took a long time...he had to bust the remains up and the shots faded. Gruesome, but stuck can deal with pain.

So...full plate would be best, then?

Implants?

710356[/snapback]

"How much do dental implants cost?

Dental implants can be a costly procedure. An entire team of professionals are needed to deliver a long-lasting smile. Implant procedures demand a great deal of the doctor's and staff's time and effort. The prosthodontist intensely studies your health profile, and then develops a plan to meet your unique needs. Additionally, surgical staff and the laboratory perform several services to produce the desired result. The materials used to construct implant prosthodontics are also very expensive. Bone grafting, if needed, is additionally costly.

While a basic implant is typically $1,250. to $3,000., depending on your circumstances additional costs for things such as in the case of a posterior mandible, bone regeneration, sinus elevation, and wide diameter or narrow diameter implants quickly escalate to as much as $15,000 to $30,000. for the complete procedure for the upper or lower jaw."

:P

"How much do dental implants cost?

Dental implants can be a costly procedure. An entire team of professionals are needed to deliver a long-lasting smile. Implant procedures demand a great deal of the doctor's and staff's time and effort. The prosthodontist intensely studies your health profile, and then develops a plan to meet your unique needs. Additionally, surgical staff and the laboratory perform several services to produce the desired result. The materials used to construct implant prosthodontics are also very expensive. Bone grafting, if needed, is additionally costly.

While a basic implant is typically $1,250. to $3,000., depending on your circumstances additional costs for things such as in the case of a posterior mandible, bone regeneration, sinus elevation, and wide diameter or narrow diameter implants quickly escalate to as much as $15,000 to $30,000. for the complete procedure for the upper or lower jaw."

710416[/snapback]

Buy a blender, much more cost effective. I hear the Bass-O-Matic is a workhorse.

Sorry, no experience (yet) with the choppers, so all I can offer are sad pathetic jokes. :P

Buy a blender, much more cost effective.  I hear the Bass-O-Matic is a workhorse.

Sorry, no experience (yet) with the choppers, so all I can offer are sad pathetic jokes. :P

710425[/snapback]

;)

I used my food processor the day after the deed was done - heated up frozen green beans, and canned baked beans, and whipped 'em up into a paste...protein and fiber, eaten with a spoon. :P

I used my food processor the day after the deed was done - heated up frozen green beans, and canned baked beans, and whipped 'em up into a paste...protein and fiber, eaten with a spoon. ;)

710489[/snapback]

There are other ways to get liquid protein into your system, but I'm told you first have to buy a FIT.

There are other ways to get liquid protein into your system, but I'm told you first have to buy a FIT.

710511[/snapback]

You sure know a lot about the "culture", don't ya?

Hey Stuck, if you're willing to fly to and stay in Montana for a few days, I have a friend who's a dentist and she may be able to work a good deal with you. PM me if you're interested.

i have no advice on fake teeth, but i think they could be pretty good

a girl i know used to have some really crooked ass yellow front teeth

then she fainted one day and knocked them all out

they gave her fake teeth (screwed into the bone somehow) and now her front teeth are pearly white and straight! who needs braces or teeth whitening?

i'd imagine these new teeth are also harder to stain than real teeth

You sure know a lot about the "culture", don't ya?

Hey Stuck, if you're willing to fly to and stay in Montana for a few days, I have a friend who's a dentist and she may be able to work a good deal with you. PM me if you're interested.

710529[/snapback]

Thanks. But choppers here are pretty cheap. The proximity of Cincy to Kentucky means there's a lot of dentists competing for the business. ;)

710511[/snapback]

VW is fighting back. I saw an ad a few days ago, with a guy with an unsually good hair do standing and leaning on the open door of a white Jetta, saying something about it being a car for all cultures.

What would the late Dr. Ferry Porsche think of that?