Hello San Jose/Bay Area

JoeF

Palo Alto is where Stanford is. It is more expensive than other places in the area, but not as expensive as Atherton, the next town over. Atherton is almost all walled yards and is where Barry Bonds, Joe Montana, and others live. The land is $1 millon an acre there. They hired a Police chief for $80K a year and had a law saying that the chief had to live in the town. They had to change the law because even with $80K, he couldn't aford one of the few apartments in town!

The family and I are on the move...from RTP, NC to the Bay area...I will be in temp housing for a year with the family coming in June 07. 

I already know that we are going to be living in large box over a heat grate due to the difference in housing costs, but what about the important stuff like Bills bars and wings....

709868[/snapback]

How good is your Spanish?

Palo Alto is where Stanford is. It is  more expensive than other places in the area, but not as expensive as Atherton, the next town over. Atherton is almost all walled yards and is where Barry Bonds, Joe Montana, and others live. The land is $1 millon an acre there. They hired a Police chief  for $80K a year and had a law saying that the chief had to live in the town. They had to change the law because even with $80K, he couldn't aford one of the few apartments in town!

710333[/snapback]

My brother is a Fire Fighter for a suburb like that. They can't pay enough for peole to live in the town, so they have it written that they can live outside of the area instead if they want.