Hartford Ct. sports fans definitely a different

Albany,n.y.

I can't imagine the Sabres or Bills leaving and fans donning old Sabres/Bills gear and going to bars to support the old team. In Hartford, they found a group that dresses up in Whaler gear & is supporting Carolina in the NHL Stanley Cup finals.

If the Bills left and made it to the Super Bowl, it's more likely there would be a giant bonfire on Super Bowl Sunday, burning old Bills gear, not wearing it.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...?storyID=491382

Not in a million years.  Any sports team leaves Buffalo = death of that sport at the elite level for me.  Sabres leave Buffalo, I'll follow the Amerks and Aces.  BILLS leave Buffalo, Notre Dame is it.

709308[/snapback]

Hey Darin,

I watched the Hockey game Wednesday night with Derek, the head coach of the ECHL Charlotte Checkers. He told me the Aces won the Kelly Cup. He also raved they they are a very well run team. Congrats to you and your fellow Alaskans!

Not in a million years.  Any sports team leaves Buffalo = death of that sport at the elite level for me.  Sabres leave Buffalo, I'll follow the Amerks and Aces.  BILLS leave Buffalo, Notre Dame is it.

709308[/snapback]

I am of the same mindset.

Hey Darin,

I watched the Hockey game Wednesday night with Derek, the head coach of the ECHL Charlotte Checkers. He told me the Aces won the Kelly Cup. He also raved they they are a very well run team. Congrats to you and your fellow Alaskans!

709523[/snapback]

Thanks. I was in Georgia to see the boys hoist the Cup - it was awesome.

Anchorage is quite likely the best AA hockey market in the country and we now have the organization in place to show it off. Last season we lost in Game 7 of the Conference Finals (despite losing Scotty Gomez to injury earlier in the playoffs) to the eventual winner and this season won Alaska's first professional title in 26 years.

Our arena has been sold out for 17 of the last 21 playoff games, most of which have been played early or midweek. The owners speculated they likely could have sold out an arena double the size of our 6251 capacity. With any luck they'll get that chance in the next couple of seasons. Not bad for a city of about 250K.

I'll be very surprised if our coach is back next season because he deserves to move up. If he is, it could very well mean back-to-back for the Last Frontier's only professional sports team. This season's team dressed eight Alaskans, including former Sabres/Rangers draft picks Barrett and Chris Heisten.

Look out ECHL, the BITE is BACK!