I saw a couple of very interesting Biographies

The Poojer

on tv yesterday that I wanted to pass along.

The first was on a Comcast sports channel, "Beyond the Glory, Larry Holmes", what a good guy and what an underrated champion he was

the other was on PBS last night "Bill Irwin, Clown Prince", for those that do not know who he is let me oversimplify it for you, he is the 3rd guy with Robin Williams and Bobby McPherrin in "Don't Worry, Be Happy" video, he is also Mr. Noodles pal in the Elmo spots on Sesame Street. He is a Clown in the old sense of the word and his stage shows look brilliant...

OK, back to your mundane lives people

he was during my teens and 20's and it is so true what they said, people never really embrased him, we were spoiled by Muhammed Ali and we also had the wildly poplular Sugar Ray Leonard in the welterweight division. Holmes was just a boxer that got caught in the middle. It was really nice to see how he actually prepared for life after boxing, along with Gerry Cooney.

I saw the Larry Holmes thing too.  It was pretty interesting.  A little before my time and I learned a lot about the guy.  Good show worth checking out.  I find most Beyond the Glories to be pretty good.

708747[/snapback]