nfl network: superbowl 28

I normally hate watching the old Super Bowls we were in...but I couldn't help watching our first half against Dallas...I wonder what the outcome would have been if we opened it up in the second half with a deep pass or something to keep Dallas off balance...instead we opt to use that dumb shuffle pass which thurman fumbled

argh..

I can't believe how loose Thurman carried that ball on those fumbles too...throughout his career I thought he never really tucked that ball in and protect it

all it took was a small poke, and POP there the ball flys out

argh..

I can't believe how loose Thurman carried that ball on those fumbles too...throughout his career I thought he never really tucked that ball in and protect it

all it took was a small poke, and POP there the ball flys out

argh..

708822[/snapback]

Poor Thurman, I really do think that the desire to make up for the lost helmet led him to get a bit too nervous for subsequent SBs., and his head was not completely in the game. What is worse is that in the AFC Championship game agains KC he had one of the greatest games in Bills RB history, pounding out 186 yards on a cold day at Rich.... His fumble early in SB 28 led to 3 Dallas points, then this one with the TD just crushed him. I was listening to that game in Germany, so it was past 2 a.m. when he fumbled.... such an empty feeling.... and then to see the picture of him sitting on the bench with his head in his hands... Football Gods, why oh why was it necessary to torment such a great and hard working player while idiot cokeheads like Irvin celebrate? Sigh.....