Hotel Follow-up

30dive

A week ago I wrote looking for ideas regarding a really bad stay at the Marriot Fair Oaks in Fairfax VA. Some of you suggested that I let it be and move on, but most of you suggested that I complain. I decided to complain, but kept my complaints in a civil tone. Marriot Corporate responded the next day and informed me that they were going to forward my complaint to the Hotel manager. Yesterday evening the hotel wrote me and is going to credit my charge card for 50% of my weekend stay.

Lesson learned, make your issues known, but keep it civil. The Marriot earned my business back.

A week ago I wrote looking for ideas regarding a really bad stay at the Marriot Fair Oaks in Fairfax VA.  Some of you suggested that I let it be and move on, but most of you suggested that I complain.  I decided to complain, but kept my complaints in a civil tone.  Marriot Corporate responded the next day and informed me that they were going to forward my complaint to the Hotel manager.  Yesterday evening the hotel wrote me and is going to credit my charge card for 50% of my weekend stay.

Lesson learned, make your issues known, but keep it civil.  The Marriot earned my business back.

707988[/snapback]

Nah, if you would have broken red, 100% returned 0:)

A week ago I wrote looking for ideas regarding a really bad stay at the Marriot Fair Oaks in Fairfax VA.  Some of you suggested that I let it be and move on, but most of you suggested that I complain.  I decided to complain, but kept my complaints in a civil tone.  Marriot Corporate responded the next day and informed me that they were going to forward my complaint to the Hotel manager.  Yesterday evening the hotel wrote me and is going to credit my charge card for 50% of my weekend stay.

Lesson learned, make your issues known, but keep it civil.  The Marriot earned my business back.

707988[/snapback]

The lesson learned in don't waste your time. Go directly to the hotel GM. He's always easy to find and if he's worth his salt when it comes to customer service I bet you would have gotten a full refund right on the spot. But B word a little fo god's sake, that always works. 0:)