For fans of "Deadwood"

Buftex

I went to see a new western last night, called "The Proposition"...it was amazing.

Ironically, I was watching it, while taping "Deadwood"...the film was written by Australian musician Nick Cave. It takes place in 1880's Austrailia....it is as dark a western as you will ever see...the violence is chilling. It likely won't be playing at your local mega-plex, more an art-house type film...great movie. It stars Guy Pearce (from "Memento"), Emily Watson, John Hurt (he has now been in every movie it seems!) and the son of legandary director, John Houston. The son's name has slipped my mind, but he is terrific.

I went to see a new western last night, called "The Proposition"...it was amazing. 

Ironically, I was watching it, while taping "Deadwood"...the film was written by Australian musician Nick Cave.  It takes place in 1880's Austrailia....it is as dark a western as you will ever see...the violence is chilling.  It likely won't be playing at your local mega-plex, more an art-house type film...great movie.  It stars Guy Pearce (from "Memento"), Emily Watson, John Hurt (he has now been in every movie it seems!) and the son of legandary director, John Houston.  The son's name has slipped my mind, but he is terrific.

707607[/snapback]

Thanx Buftex--I'll check it out:)--by the way--DEADWOODs season premier was top notch.