Imagine if Buffalo would have drafted Big Ben.

With all the negative karma and misfortune this organization has endured thru the years, this accident would have broken our back and morale this year. All the naysayers and critics would be lined up bashing the Bills. Although I was frustrated seeing all the success Big Ben has been enjoying and watching us steadily spiraling downward, I do feel horrible about hearing such a terrible thing happening to such a great kid. I wish him the best and a complete recovery, but man I'm glad that we didn't draft him now!

With all the negative karma and misfortune this organization has endured thru the years, this accident would have broken our back and morale this year. All the naysayers and critics would be lined up bashing the Bills. Although I was frustrated seeing all the success Big Ben has been enjoying and watching us steadily spiraling downward, I do feel horrible about hearing such a terrible thing happening to such a great kid. I wish him the best and a complete recovery, but man I'm glad that we didn't draft him now!

707545[/snapback]

Nah, it's June. It's still snowing back home... he wouldn't even have the bike out yet.

What an idiot. I feel badly for his family and for him as well, but why in the hell did he have to ride a crotch rocket with no helmet? It's just stupid. With all that money he has you'd think he could find something fun and just as exciting as riding a bike yet SAFE enough to not risk his LIFE and career.

Doesn't NYState have a motorcycle helmet law?

Ben should be wishing he were drafted by Buffalo.

He probably would never have been in an accident if he had.

He certainly wouldn't have been driving around PA without a helmet yesterday.

I hope he recovers.

If the Bills had drafted Ben, Ben would not have had the same success he had with Pitt. An amazing reality would unfold. Football is actually a team sport. Ben's OL in Pitt is awesome. Ben's OL here sukked. If the Bills had drafted Ben, many here would be calling for this FA QB or that rookie QB etc...

If he led the Bills to a win in the Super Bowl and couldn't play again, I think I could live with that.  0:)  I just want to see the Bills win one.  I'm not a greedy person.  Anyways, I hope he can resume his career.  But for God sake, wear a helmet!!!

707601[/snapback]

LOL! Seriously, what QB would've won the SB last year for us?

Doesn't NYState have a motorcycle helmet law?

Ben should be wishing he were drafted by Buffalo.

He probably would never have been in an accident if he had.

He certainly wouldn't have been driving around PA without a helmet yesterday.

I hope he recovers.

707612[/snapback]

So you're saying he was in the accident because he wasn't wearing a helmet. Very interesting hypothesis. 0:)

So you're saying he was in the accident because he wasn't wearing a helmet.  Very interesting hypothesis.  :P

708106[/snapback]

No. I'm saying IF Buffalo had drafted him - like the original poster posited, that he WOULD have been wearing a helmet AND more likely than not her would NOT have been at the scene of THAT accident so THAT accident would NOT have taken place. That's not logical? :doh:

Besides, if Buffalo had drafted him, he would have broken his leg in an OTA and he wouldn't be riding at all. 0:)