London Blitz

I'll update my blog soon (mega busy at work and still got to write the game report), but to let you all know, my team the London Blitz won again at the weekend to go 3-0 for the season.

We beat the Ipswich Cardinals 55-6 on a scortching hot day (circa 90 degrees). Scored 28 points in the first quarter, had a record breaking 83-yard KO return, 6 forced turnovers, 4 passing TDs, and only scored once in the 4th qtr. Overall we're kinda pissed we didn't score more.

Pics, report and my own personal take on the game to feature in my blog soon.

I recovered a blocked PAT - does that count?

707053[/snapback]

Nope! You gotta get your number called. I want to read about how the bruising 260 lb (how many stone is that?) fullback used his deceptive speed and overwhelming power to rumble for a first down. (Just remember to check in with the ref so he knows you're eligible.)

707020[/snapback]

Just saw this thread. Watched a great special on the London Blitz last night on PBS, on the night when the great firestorm broke out, and thats what i thought of when I saw this thread.

Gotta hand it to you Brits, a nation filled with some of the most couarges and tough SOBs around. The night all the bombing was going around St Pauls, like 3/4 mile away, formal dinner going on as if nothings happening in the Savoy.

Anyway, just thought the team name is way cool. When you consider the connection to football and your nations "finest hours', good job

Just saw this thread. Watched a great special on the London Blitz last night on PBS, on the night when the great firestorm broke out, and thats what i thought of when I saw this thread.

Gotta hand it to you Brits, a nation filled with some of  the most couarges and tough SOBs around. The night all the bombing was going around St Pauls, like 3/4 mile away, formal dinner going on as if nothings happening in the Savoy.

Anyway, just thought the team name is way cool. When you consider the connection to football and your nations "finest hours', good job

707742[/snapback]

I watched part of that, too. Nice production.