Am I a idiot?

Edinboro University. Lots of friends who loved the Stillers.

706948[/snapback]

When were you there? I knew couple guys from Buffalo on thier swim team in the early 80's. One guys last name was Hamilton, he being from Lockport.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You absolutely did the right thing. You should only watch the Bills when they're winning and pay no attention to them, or the sport of football for that matter, when they're losing.

We'll let you know if things change.

706954[/snapback]

I've been watching them lose for the past 6 years at $250 a pop. Thanks for making my point.

Your right, theres not one, theres $700M reasons a year why D* has the exclusive rights.

706936[/snapback]

Please. There's no doubt in my mind that the cable companies would have outbid DTV. The NFL doesn't WANT it on cable.

That's the deal.

Please. There's no doubt in my mind that the cable companies would have outbid DTV. The NFL doesn't WANT it on cable.

That's the deal.

706963[/snapback]

Joe, why would they not want it on cable. Whole reason they are putting games on NFL network is to force cable companies to pick it up.

D* willing to pay the most, D* gets Ticket package on an exclusive basis, plain and simple.

Joe, why would they not want it on cable. Whole reason they are putting games on NFL network is to force cable companies to pick it up.

D* willing to pay the most, D* gets Ticket package on an exclusive basis, plain and simple.

706965[/snapback]

The NFL doesn't want it on cable because it's a hell of a lot harder to control blackouts, etc...across hundreds of cable companies than it is when they dealw ith ONE vendor.

The NFL doesn't want it on cable because it's a hell of a lot harder to control blackouts, etc...across hundreds of cable companies than it is when they dealw ith ONE vendor.

706971[/snapback]

Good Point. Isn't there a Directv hack for this?

Good Point. Isn't there a Directv hack for this?

706982[/snapback]

Cmon guys, you really think that? Think the NFL would lose out on money over a simple technology solution? I would think its harder to do blackouts on DTV as they must have to program in every week which zip codes get which games.

In all comes to money. As I said, NFL realizes how important cable is, thats why games going to the NFL network. It will force every cable company to put the NFL network on their standard package, and pay for every subscirber. Now, prolly not one single cable companywilling to pay what D* does.

Just as an aside, D* views the NFL package as a loss leader, and are willing to way overpay for it. I know thats why I have D*, and have been a customer since 95

I've been watching them lose for the past 6 years at $250 a pop. Thanks for making my point.

706958[/snapback]

Your point is well understood. All I ask is one thing: When the Bills start winning again...and they WILL start winning again ...please don't pop up again telling everyone you've been a fan since you were a little kid.

Nothing pisses off a fan more than hearing a guy who bailed on the team tell everyone how long he's been a fan.

Leave if you must, but your fan clock starts ticking when you come back.

That's the deal.

706963[/snapback]

Joe, the NFL went into negotations with DirecTV and the cable companies a couple of years ago, hoping to bring the product to both mediums. The cable companies didn't want to fork over the cash for it, so DirecTV got the contract again. The cable companies screwed themselves and their customers (again).

CW

I don't know...to me, it's just a hell of a lot of fun hitting the sports bar with games on everywhere around you...loud as hell, with fans yelling and high fiving everywhere. You always know what's going on in all the games. Plus you eventually start recognizing the same fans there every week and can give each other hell. It's pathetic, but it's fun.

There's a guy who's been coming to the bar I go to for years...huge Cincinnati fan. He was there every damn week even when they were so pathetically bad, and usually all by himself. Last year, of course, there was a crowd of 10-12 Bengals fans there every week. But he's still there, right in the middle. True fan.

I don't know...to me, it's just a hell of a lot of fun hitting the sports bar with games on everywhere around you...loud as hell, with fans yelling and high fiving everywhere. You always know what's going on in all the games. Plus you eventually start recognizing the same fans there every week and can give each other hell. It's pathetic, but it's fun.

There's a guy who's been coming to the bar I go to for years...huge Cincinnati fan. He was there every damn week even when they were so pathetically bad, and usually all by himself. Last year, of course, there was a crowd of 10-12 Bengals fans there every week. But he's still there, right in the middle. True fan.

707033[/snapback]

That bar you go to sucks Rubes...lol. Dam, had top pay $5 memebership fee for christs sakes!!!!!.

BTW, love the short cuts thing on the Ticket, thats almost worth the price

707033[/snapback]

I'm with you. with the sports bar, you see the same people every week. At our Bills backers bar, thers always 4-5 buccs fans, and theres 1 lone redskins fan. But its enjoyable talkign to the same crowd week in and week out. The buccs group has one fan from england, and when he gets pissed and swears in his english accent, its hilarious.

And SC, thats pathetic that you'd give up DTV because oyu think the bills are nto going to be good. Its the same as not buying a ticket to see a game, because you think they will lose.

I'm with you. with the sports bar, you see the same people every week. At our Bills backers bar, thers always 4-5 buccs fans, and theres 1 lone redskins fan. But its enjoyable talkign to the same crowd week in and week out. The buccs group has one fan from england, and when he gets pissed and swears in his english accent, its hilarious.

707232[/snapback]

I just can't hang with the Backers anymore as I am simply too old to allow myself to get that riled up at 10 in the morning while drinking beer straight from the pitcher. Watching the Bills...and for that matter, ANY football...at home in hi-def on the 60" tube is much more than any one football fan can ask for beyond living in Buffalo and owning seasons.

I just can't hang with the Backers anymore as I am simply too old to allow myself to get that riled up at 10 in the morning while drinking beer straight from the pitcher. Watching the Bills...and for that matter, ANY football...at home in hi-def on the 60" tube is much more than any one football fan can ask for beyond living in Buffalo and owning seasons.

707272[/snapback]

agreed. But as a broke graduate student, a hi-def 60" screen was just a tad too much for me and my budget. So i settled for the 24" tube TV. :huh:

As for our backers, we have a split demographic. Half of us are 20-somethings, in school, or not too far removed from school, and the other half is the 45+ crowd.

What i miss the most was sittin in front of the TV on sunday afternoons with my dad or uncles/cousins and friends to watch the game.

It may sound kinda strange, but the toughest times for me in the little over a year my dad has been gone, outside of holidays, have been sunday after bills games. I watched with him since i started watching the bills week in and week out in 1988 (i was 7). Then when i went to school in '99, i would call him every sunday after the game to talk about it. Man, do i miss that a lot :lol:. Its funny, how the last game i watched with him was just me and him in his hospital room. No wings and beer, just some apple juice boxes and some small bags of chips he swiped form the nurses station when they werent looking. :lol: Fittingly, that last game was in december of 2004, when the Bills won in Miami. I guess i cant argue too much with that as an end. :lol:

That bar you go to sucks Rubes...lol. Dam, had top pay $5 memebership fee for christs sakes!!!!!.

BTW, love the short cuts thing on the Ticket, thats almost worth the price

707107[/snapback]

Welcome to Utah!

Actually, if you had entered with me, they would have waived the membership fee. I've been going there long enough that they pretty much give me my annual membership renewal for free.

Remember to let me know when you're back in town...

Welcome to Utah!

Actually, if you had entered with me, they would have waived the membership fee. I've been going there long enough that they pretty much give me my annual membership renewal for free.

Remember to let me know when you're back in town...

707314[/snapback]

You have to love Utah. Where else do they require you to have a sponsor so you CAN drink? They're like the anti-AA.

707272[/snapback]

see what I love is TIVOing the game. Thats why I'm so excited this year, at least as of now, i think is almost 100% 1.00pm kickoffs. Nothing better than being out and playing with the kids, or shooting 18 or whatever during a great mid atlantic fall afternoon, coming home bout 4 0r 4.30, putting hte Bills game, starting a fire on my back porch, and missing all the commercials. Game ends, Sunday dinner time...uhmm, roast beef, mashed and gravy.

Now thats a Sunday afternoon!!!

You have to love Utah. Where else do they require you to have a sponsor so you CAN drink? They're like the anti-AA.

707316[/snapback]

Had a good time with Rubes last year at a game in SLC. Whats even better is ya can still smoke a Boro inside, not like that sissy state you live in LA :huh:

Your point is well understood. All I ask is one thing: When the Bills start winning again...and they WILL start winning again ...please don't pop up again telling everyone you've been a fan since you were a little kid.

Nothing pisses off a fan more than hearing a guy who bailed on the team tell everyone how long he's been a fan.

Leave if you must, but your fan clock starts ticking when you come back.

707005[/snapback]

When did I ever say I was going to stop being a fan? The only thing I've bailed on is not shelling out $250!