Am I a idiot?

I'm really on the fence. After seven years of NFL Sunday ticket, I cancelled the package today. With my luck, they'll pull a Sabres on me and make the AFC Championship game.

Am I the only one not thrilled with the offseason and not remoted excited for the season?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really on the fence. After seven years of NFL Sunday ticket, I cancelled the package today. With my luck, they'll pull a Sabres on me and make the AFC Championship game.

Am I the only one not thrilled with the offseason and not remoted excited for the season?

706827[/snapback]

lol, everyone was down on the sabres offseason.

"everyone else is picking up big name players, and we get teppo who?" was a common phrase last july.

To me getting NFL Sunday Ticket just for the sole purpose of watching your team play is a dumb reason to get it. It just seems like a waste. I love football so I'll watch other teams play as well as The Bills even if they suck. To each their own though. Like JohnnyB said there's always sports bars.

To me getting NFL Sunday Ticket just for the sole purpose of watching your team play is a dumb reason to get it. It just seems like a waste.  I love football so I'll watch other teams play as well as The Bills even if they suck.  To each their own though.  Like JohnnyB said there's always sports bars.

706834[/snapback]

I agree. If you're just watching the Bills play - save the $200 bucks and hit the bars. Your other option would be to fork over the $10/mo or whatever and listen on nfl.com.... If you're into watching the rest of the games going on, then it's a great thing to have.

By the time you add up gas, beer, and chicken tenders, you've spent about the same money.

PTR

706840[/snapback]

Exactly. I spent well over $300 during the 04 season going to "The Ram" sports bar here in my hometown...and even though I asked them EVERYTIME to put the Bills on the projector screen which was like 6 by 8 foot...they said no. ;) So I always watched it in a corner on a 25 inch tv, sometimes with no sound. Then last year my friend got the ticket and I stopped wasting money at the Ram.

and yes SC...i'm cautiously optimistic about this upcoming season. I say cautiously because last off season I was very optimistic, which proved to be VERY disappointing.

I'm on the verge of not renewing for this year myself. I just didn't get the enjoyment out of it last year. I am however getting Center Ice for the full year next year... I jumped in at the half price/half year point this year and enjoyed the hell out of it!!! One thing about the Sunday ticket ... If things do look up this season, you could always jump in at the half way point when they drop the price.

Rich

I'm on the verge of not renewing for this year myself. I just didn't get the enjoyment out of it last year. I am however getting Center Ice for the full year next year... I jumped in at the half price/half year point this year and enjoyed the hell out of it!!! One thing about the Sunday ticket ... If things do look up this season, you could always jump in at the half way point when they drop the price.

Rich

706867[/snapback]

They don't give a mid-season discount, do they?

PTR

706827[/snapback]

Yes, you're an idiot.

I don't thinkt he Bills will be close to the playoffs, yet I'd love the season ticket.

Idiot.

(just kidding of course, I jsut wish I could see the games, you're lucky ;) )

Sports bars are nice, but being able to crash on your couch with the kids and watch the games was great. On the flip side, my boys learned daddy has some very colorful language and gets angry when the guys with the red helmets play,

Maybe its a testiment to growing up or realizing for the first time in 36 years that somthing is missing...

706827[/snapback]

Been a Sundat Ticket sunsbiber since day one, and could never give it up. Gotta watch the fellas play, I don't care if they are 0-16. Quick story. In college, busted my arm one night running from johhny law(long story), woke up next morning with arm about three sizes to big and all black and blue. Only problem is Bills are on the Pittsburgh station(this way before sports bars or dishes , 84 i think), and playing sports and being on the rd almost every weekend in the fall, I had seen exacetly one game to that point. Bills somewhere round 1-12, Cowboys coming in like 11-2. Can't go the hospital, gotta watch the boys. WTF, Gregg bell gets like 230 yds, and Bills win to go 2-12, and I'm dam haapy. Problem is I was pretty liguored up, my boys were watching the Stillers at 4.00, and I couldn't move my right arm. Try driving some mountanious Western PA back rds with only left arm driving a manual Dodge colt . Pretty dumb idea, but I had to get my arm fixed. Came back that night with a cast from wrist to above elbow as I had broken a bone in my elbow, but I SAW THE BILLS WIN!!!!!!!!!

I am however getting Center Ice for the full year next year... I jumped in at the half price/half year point this year and enjoyed the hell out of it!!!

and we gave chit to the carolina fans

By the time you add up gas, beer, and chicken tenders, you've spent about the same money.

dude , my first dish cost $1200, yep 1200 for a one room 8 bit reciever with no local stations back in da day, and still convinced my wife the dam would pay for itself in two years. Prooly reality was more like one.

I don't blame you.

Not one bit.

The NFL is a product that's losing quality and charging more for it. I intend to purchase NHL center Ice thru my cable provider this fall. There's absolutely no reason why the NFL needs to sell it's package on satellite.

I don't blame you.

Not one bit.

The NFL is a product that's losing quality and charging more for it. I intend to purchase NHL center Ice thru my cable provider this fall. There's absolutely no reason why the NFL needs to sell it's package on satellite.

706923[/snapback]

Your right, theres not one, theres $700M reasons a year why D* has the exclusive rights.

Gregg bell gets like 230 yds, and Bills win to go 2-12, and I'm dam haapy. Problem is I was pretty liguored up, my boys were watching the Stillers at 4.00, and I couldn't move my right arm. Try driving some mountanious Western PA back rds with only left arm driving a manual Dodge colt . Pretty dumb idea, but I had to get my arm fixed. Came back that night with a cast from wrist to above elbow as I had broken a bone in my elbow, but I SAW THE BILLS WIN!!!!!!!!!

Greg Bell? That was in 1985 and was a great game. Where did you attend college in PA? I had the same problem, but was closer to Erie. Every Sunday was a crap-shoot. Either the Browns, Bills or Steelers were shown.

Greg Bell? That was in 1985 and was a great game. Where did you attend college in PA? I had the same problem, but was closer to Erie. Every Sunday was a crap-shoot. Either the Browns, Bills or Steelers were shown.

706944[/snapback]

was at the Rock, so it was all Stillers, all the time. Cloest hospital was in Grove City