Met Deion Sanders last night

LAMP

It was our last night in Vegas and the wife and I were walking through the Forum shops at Caesar's and my wife says "I think that is Deion Sanders". I said no, he's walking all alone and no one is mobbing him. Sure enough, it was him - he was wearing a Tom Landry shaped hat and a very loud striped shirt.

My wife (who hates him - long story - made some not so nice remarks one time about not liking Richmond when he was playing minor league ball and his wife was picked on or something) basically goes running up to him and says "hey Deion (we both shake his hand) can we get a picture?" He declined saying he was "on vacation too". He was nice about it and I respect the man being on vacation.

I'm certainly no fan of Deion, but it is always cool to rub elbows of celebs. Also saw Pete Rose doing a signing.

If you have never been to Vegas - YOU MUST GO. It was my third time (first in 6 years). Highlights:

- the European (aka topless) pool at Caesar's - still can't believe the wife agreed to go

- The Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay

- Emeril's at MGM

- Mesa Grill (Bobby Flay) at Caesar's - Fish Tacos for brunch - incredible

- First ever massage - did a couples massage and couldn't believe how much it was going to cost before we did it - but worth every penny

LAMP

It was our last night in Vegas and the wife and I were walking through the Forum shops at Caesar's and my wife says "I think that is Deion Sanders".  I said no, he's walking all alone and no one is mobbing him.  Sure enough, it was him - he was wearing a Tom Landry shaped hat and a very loud striped shirt. 

My wife (who hates him - long story - made some not so nice remarks one time about not liking Richmond when he was playing minor league ball and his wife was picked on or something) basically goes running up to him and says "hey Deion (we both shake his hand) can we get a picture?"  He declined saying he was "on vacation too".  He was nice about it and I respect the man being on vacation. 

I'm certainly no fan of Deion, but it is always cool to rub elbows of celebs.  Also saw Pete Rose doing a signing. 

706818[/snapback]

It surprises me that a man with such strong Christian beliefs would spend his vacation time in Vegas. Perhaps Dion was looking for converts?

Glad you had a great time, don't care about 9 toe.

He lives outside Dallas.

He's the appraisal info on his house (built 1999):

Description / Square Footage

MAIN AREA 23,219

COVRD PORCH/PATIO 77

COVRD PORCH/PATIO 430

COVRD PORCH/PATIO 1,007

COVRD PORCH/PATIO 168

STORAGE 214

SECOND FLOOR 572

SECOND FLOOR 5,331

ATTACHED GARAGE 1,451

ATTACHED GARAGE 3,646

ATTACHED GARAGE 517

ATTACHED CARPORT 535

COVRD PORCH/PATIO 150

COVRD PORCH/PATIO 126

COVRD PORCH/PATIO 352

POOL 476

MAIN AREA 798

ATTACHED GARAGE 3,200

MAIN AREA 97

COVRD PORCH/PATIO 556

STORAGE 18

POOL 1,500

TENNIS COURT 7,200

---

Total Living Area 30,017

LAMP

It was our last night in Vegas and the wife and I were walking through the Forum shops at Caesar's and my wife says "I think that is Deion Sanders".  I said no, he's walking all alone and no one is mobbing him.  Sure enough, it was him - he was wearing a Tom Landry shaped hat and a very loud striped shirt. 

My wife (who hates him - long story - made some not so nice remarks one time about not liking Richmond when he was playing minor league ball and his wife was picked on or something) basically goes running up to him and says "hey Deion (we both shake his hand) can we get a picture?"  He declined saying he was "on vacation too".  He was nice about it and I respect the man being on vacation. 

I'm certainly no fan of Deion, but it is always cool to rub elbows of celebs.  Also saw Pete Rose doing a signing. 

If you have never been to Vegas - YOU MUST GO.  It was my third time (first in 6 years).  Highlights:

- the European (aka topless) pool at Caesar's - still can't believe the wife agreed to go

- Emeril's at MGM

- First ever massage - did a couples massage and couldn't believe how much it was going to cost before we did it - but worth every penny

706818[/snapback]

Heck with Dion, I want to know did you wife go topless and did she let you take pictures of her? :huh:

she did not go topless  :huh:

and there wer no cameras allowed in that pool area  :lol:

707251[/snapback]

Chicken. When we went to Australia years ago my wife wouldn't wait to go topless. Found myself in the ocean surrounded by young topless talent. Good thing the water was cold. :lol:

Chicken.  When we went to Australia years ago my wife wouldn't wait to go topless.  Found myself in the ocean surrounded by young topless talent.  Good thing the water was cold.  :huh:

707258[/snapback]

Why do I have this image of Dudley Moore in "10" standing waste high in the water wearing a sweatshirt and drinking a mai tai?

Why do I have this image of Dudley Moore in "10" standing waste high in the water wearing a sweatshirt and drinking a mai tai?

707261[/snapback]

Funny, I have a guy at work who says I look like Dudley Moore. I'm a bit taller though. :huh:

Chicken.  When we went to Australia years ago my wife wouldn't wait to go topless.  Found myself in the ocean surrounded by young topless talent.  Good thing the water was cold.  :huh:

707258[/snapback]

same here when we went to Greece...good times..

But drink the same amount that Arthur did, no doubt.

"Don't you hate Perry's wife?"

707270[/snapback]

I used to. Have a great restaurant story about Dudley. Came in for lunch and left after dinner. We could put it in the book. Let's put it this way, Arthur was an autobiography. We could put it in the book. :huh: He used to drive an old white Bentley around town with the license plate Arthur1.

Chicken. When we went to Australia years ago my wife wouldn't wait to go topless. Found myself in the ocean surrounded by young topless talent. Good thing the water was cold.

Gotta' love the Aussies. Now you've made me homesick.

If you have never been to Vegas - YOU MUST GO.  It was my third time (first in 6 years).  Highlights:

- Emeril's at MGM

706818[/snapback]

thanks for this post. i am going to a clinic at UNLV in july and was sort of dreading it because i am not into gambling or hookers, and i hate the climate. my girlfriend is coming out for the last 3 days and i was sort of wondering what we could do. any other recommendations?

thanks for this post.  i am going to a clinic at UNLV in july and was sort of dreading it because i am not into gambling or hookers, and i hate the climate.  my girlfriend is coming out for the last 3 days and i was sort of wondering what we could do.  any other recommendations?

707804[/snapback]

I sent you a PM

we both have camera phones, but we didn't bring them down with us.  they actually had some big dudes working security down there

707853[/snapback]

So they allow topless sunbathing but no cameras and have big dudes that bash your head in if you take pictures. I love our Puritan roots in this country. :)