Tropical Depresson 1

/dev/null

IIRC, hasn't FLA gone through quite a dry spell recently?  I'd think the rain would be welcome news...

706978[/snapback]

parts of it yes. i cant speak for the peninsula, but here in the panhandle, its been fairly dry recently. we havent even been getting the usual afternoon thundershower.

We are currently under tropical storm warning now, and you can feel it coming. the temp is low, only 74, but the humidity in the air is insane. it fels like you are breathing in fog.

parts of it yes. i cant speak for the peninsula, but here in the panhandle, its been fairly dry recently. we havent even been getting the usual afternoon thundershower.

We are currently under tropical storm warning now, and you can feel it coming. the temp is low, only 74, but the humidity in the air is insane. it fels like you are breathing in fog.

706979[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm excited. :lol:

Already flooding, here, Ram :huh:

Yeah, I'm excited. :lol:

Already flooding, here, Ram :huh:

707018[/snapback]

He's coming for us up here. Almost a hurricane now. wont be terribly strong, but i still need to get some water and extra batteries tonite when i get home from work. with any luck, work will be closed tomorrow! The storm is funny tho. the worst part of the storm is a significant distance away from the storm center. that part will probably be here sometime overnight tonite, even tho the center wont be here for another day or so.

Bring your sh-- on alberto!

We're starting to feel the effects here in Myrtle Beach.  It clouded up pretty fast and started to pour.  They are predicting the worst will hit here on Wednesday at midnight.

707588[/snapback]

He's here now. Has been raining at a good clip all evening, but just in the past 15 minutes it really started to pound down. i dont tihnk it'll be bad enough to close work tomorrow tho.

Someone please explain this to me. A hurricane WARNING means that hurricane conditions are going to appear in the next 24 hrs. A watch means that hurricane conditions MAY appear in the next 24 hrs.

So why on the weather channel did they say about the fla coast..."they are under hurricane WARNING in case alberto strengthens to a hurricane sometime soon." shouldnt that be a watch?

the weather channel has gone serious overkill on this storm for a little bit of rain and some flooding.