*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

Whatever dude, you're Canadian.  Don't worry, most people would try to be something else if they were Canadian, too.

The greasy Italians are the biggest flop and roll fags around.  They are not the only ones, not by a long shot...But they are by far the worst.  Their (or should I say 'Your') goal against the US was off of a set piece for a similar rediculous dive.  It seems int'l soccer has become a battle of set pieces and free kicks, and every team just takes dives to try to set them up.  It is frustrating to watch, and I am a soccer fan.  I can't imagine how the casual fringe fans feel watching this crap.

714198[/snapback]

And "your" goal was off an own goal.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balboa is a great announcer that really understands strategys and the game

714152[/snapback]

OMG...I can't believe anyone on this planet...let alone a soccer fan would say that. The guy flip flops his opinion every two minutes.

And "your" goal was off an own goal.

714207[/snapback]

It wasn't my goal, I don't play. I did get called into the US training camp before the World Cup started, but it would've conflicted with my softball games, so I declined.

Ripping on the US for taking a goal when some sweaty greaser put it into his own net is not saying much for the Italians.

Trust me, I'm not saying the Azzuri are the only team that dives. It has been pretty sad across the board during the World Cup. But they are the worst, and the embellishment of staying down and rolling around after replays show you were barely touched is pathetic. The dude Toni is 6'4" 210lbs and he falls down like he got shot in the leg. Italy, if they had their way, would win every game 1-0, stifling any creativity with their boring-ass style, scoring on a free kick that was set up by a phantom call, and then diving and rolling around wasting time until the game is over.

"They have talented players, but they play like fags" said Ozzie Guillen.

I'm curious which teams people would pick as the dirtiest (diving, committing dirty fouls, faking injuries, stalling, etc...) and the classiest (plays the beautiful game beautifully).

Here's what thinking at the moment (I'm sure many will disagree)...

DIRTY

Italy

Netherlands (they really surprised me against Portugal with all the BS)

CLASSY

Brazil

England

Spain

It wasn't my goal, I don't play.  I did get called into the US training camp before the World Cup started, but it would've conflicted with my softball games, so I declined.

Ripping on the US for taking a goal when some sweaty greaser put it into his own net is not saying much for the Italians. 

Trust me, I'm not saying the Azzuri are the only team that dives.  It has been pretty sad across the board during the World Cup.  But they are the worst, and the embellishment of staying down and rolling around after replays show you were barely touched is pathetic.  The dude Toni is 6'4" 210lbs and he falls down like he got shot in the leg.  Italy, if they had their way, would win every game 1-0, stifling any creativity with their boring-ass style, scoring on a free kick that was set up by a phantom call, and then diving and rolling around wasting time until the game is over. 

"They have talented players, but they play like fags" said Ozzie Guillen.

714232[/snapback]

I don't like the style of play either. I'm not saying that I do. I still will support them till the end.

What honestly do you expect from a team that has clearly no midfield? What do you expect from a country who bases themselves on defence. I never said that they don't embellish their injuries, but if you look at the roster, half the players are playing injured.

Still, like I said before, I will support them to the bitter end even if it means not winning and even if it means sitting through the matches where we just let the opponents attack. Still, they are the best defensive team in the world since noone else can play that style and win from it.

So you're gonna nit pick on the fact that I say "we" or that I was born in Canada. Guess you don't have much else to do.

Doesn't anyone have anything to say about the Bruce Arena comment, dammit??? I'm pissed about that bull sh--!!!! lol

Let the dead bury the dead.

(how was that? - He is done)

714277[/snapback]

lol, okay, I'll take that.....and I hope you're right about him being done. Let him coach an MLS team or something, I don't care. But for fuks sake, get someone in here who actually focuses on WINNING.

Are the Bills going to win the superbowl this year? Probably not....but that doesn't mean that the Superbowl is not the GOAL, and it doesn't mean you shouldn't focus on it. The saying that, "whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right either way" is totally legit. We need someone at the helm of our National team who understands that.

Doesn't anyone have anything to say about the Bruce Arena comment, dammit??? I'm pissed about that bull sh--!!!!  lol

714276[/snapback]

Ok. It made me sick too. Up until very recently, I have always respected Bruce Arena. But this is sissy crap.

Was it defeatism that made this country great? Hell no! It was greed and blind persistence dammit!

Ok.  It made me sick too.  Up until very recently, I have always respected Bruce Arena.  But this is sissy crap.

Was it defeatism that made this country great?  Hell no!  It was greed and blind persistence dammit!

714291[/snapback]

Exactly fuggin right!! Especially when it comes to our image on the world stage....we're not friggin trinidad and tobago, just "happy to be here", or something like that....we have a history and a reputation of being the BEST. My God, there are FOUR YEARS in between WCs, and we have been on the upswing. There is NO EXCUSE for this sort of attitude, and he should be ashamed of himself for allowing it to fester among the players.

This guy became a disgrace in my eyes with one damn comment.

almost PK time in the Ukraine game! As for Arena I am not a fan. He strikes me as arrogant and full of excuses. He turned around USA soccer and has to be credited for that but he has taken the team as far as he can. Time to turn the page now the ship is righted. Dont let the door hit you in the ass Bruce

Yep.  That's right.  Italy's so good, they scored two goals in a 1-1 tie.  :blush:  :lol:

714282[/snapback]

you saw the own goal. it was pure bad luck. needless to say, that player has never been back.

Exactly fuggin right!!  Especially when it comes to our image on the world stage....we're not friggin trinidad and tobago, just "happy to be here", or something like that....we have a history and a reputation of being the BEST. My God, there are FOUR YEARS in between WCs, and we have been on the upswing. There is NO EXCUSE for this sort of attitude, and he should be ashamed of himself for allowing it to fester among the players.

This guy became a disgrace in my eyes with one damn comment.

714301[/snapback]

The best candidate is Gus Hiddink (not sure if i spelled it properly). He is clearly one of the most talented coaches in soccer history. Brought Korea very far and did well with a less talented Australia squad. Although, he didn't take advantage of the aerial space he had today which could have led to an aussie goal.

almost PK time in the Ukraine game!  As for Arena I am not a fan.  He strikes me as arrogant and full of excuses.  He turned around USA soccer and has to be credited for that but he has taken the team as far as he can.  Time to turn the page now the ship is righted.  Dont let the door hit you in the ass Bruce

714320[/snapback]

agreed. And I'm glad he got us turned around, I just figured that he was a bit more interested in WINNING, lol.

Oh well, see ya bruce...

PENALTY KICKS ON TAP!!! I haven't seen this in a long time.....

The best candidate is Gus Hiddink (not sure if i spelled it properly).  He is clearly one of the most talented coaches in soccer history.  Brought Korea very far and did well with a less talented Australia squad.  Although, he didn't take advantage of the aerial space he had today which could have led to an aussie goal.

714323[/snapback]

I heard the best candidate is Jurgen Klinsmann, the current German coach. He loves the US, lives in Southern Cal, and is reportedly interested. Obviously, as it stands, Arena is still the coach here and Klinsmann is still trying to win a World Cup in Germany, so I wouldn't expect this rumor to pick up steam for a while.

I heard the best candidate is Jurgen Klinsmann, the current German coach.  He loves the US, lives in Southern Cal, and is reportedly interested.  Obviously, as it stands, Arena is still the coach here and Klinsmann is still trying to win a World Cup in Germany, so I wouldn't expect this rumor to pick up steam for a while.

714326[/snapback]

Would be tough though. Germany has been playing very attacking, not caring at all about defence. I don't know if his style suits the US team. I find that Hiddink is a very tactical coach.

Both good candidates imho.

do they let the eqipment managers go first?

714328[/snapback]

The Swiss should have thought about doing just that! lol