rain

mead107

when is this rain going to stop ? is it raining at your place ?

705748[/snapback]

Last time you talked about the weather you were in big trouble. You on probation again, or is this really about the weather?

Dry as a bone here, can only water lawns once a week...

Last time you talked about the weather you were in big trouble.  You on probation again, or is this really about the weather?

Dry as a bone here, can only water lawns once a week...

705752[/snapback]

i been good . we have had about 8" in the last 3 weeks . :D

Pretty sure it has been raining in Boston since April, very annoying.

705756[/snapback]

Actually, in April, the month where it's supposed to rain, we got absolutely nothing. They kept talking on the news about how we were way below the average rainfall up to that point. I wish I could go back in time and kick each weather guy who said that.

I ripped up my front lawn, and re-seeded it in April.

I love this rain. I have the most beautiful lawn in the neighborhood. My next door neighbor came over yesterday and asked if I would help him do the same thing at his house. I laughed, but I'll probably give him a hand.

It was a late rainy season here in CA. It stopped raining about 3 weeks ago. It won't rain again until October. It is cool though, with highs today in the mid 70s.

when is this rain going to stop ? is it raining at your place ?

705748[/snapback]

No rain down here in tallahassee. havent had any since last weekend.

but oh boy the weather in beautiful. 97 degrees with roughly 652% humidity. :D

I ripped up my front lawn, and re-seeded it in April.

705778[/snapback]

I'm thinking about doing that, about 75% of my front lawn is weeds. One guy down the street ripped out the top 2" of soil, put down new topsoil and seed. How did you do yours?

I'm thinking about doing that, about 75% of my front lawn is weeds. One guy down the street ripped out the top 2" of soil, put down new topsoil and seed. How did you do yours?

705835[/snapback]

We just inherited the house, so the yard hadn't been worked on in years. We had a serious moss problem, which interestingly enough is the same problem the neighbors have. I was going to treat the yard with lyme, but decieded against it. I basically took the moss/grass/weeds off with a shovel (top 1 - 2" of soil), and then worked the soil to loosen it up. We have a decent sized garden as well, so I stole some soil from there (not very much though 1 wheelbarrow at most). I threw down seed, and then put more down when it was really growing. I won't cut the new front yard for at least 1 more month. It really looks awesome.