Ann Coulter.

Lighten up Francis.  I don't recall Gavin saying he agreed with Coulter's comments - even if they were taken out of context.  And as for the '9-11 widows', I agree with him.  They got their absurd seven figure payoff -- soliders dying in combat get what, $12,000?  They certainly don't need to be consulted about rebuilding the WTC, foreign policy or anything else.

705800[/snapback]

Then that's what she should have said. She could have easily said "these women have suffered, for sure, but they have been well-compensated and they should not be using their suffering as a sounding board for foreign policy." Instead, Coulter is attacking their grief and the authenticity of it, and the authenticity of their marriages, and doing so without an ounce of class. If I were in these people's place, I'd have to strongly resist the urge to throw a hot coffee in her face. But I would, because it's not worth stooping to her level.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wouldn't have too, she pees standing.

705816[/snapback]

:D

Andrew Sullivan in his Time.com blog calls her "a drag queen impersonating a fascist."

But the problem with Coulter is that she is a form of camp, is she not? The minute you take her seriously, you lose grip on her reality. She's not a social or political commentator. She's a drag queen impersonating a fascist. I don't even begin to believe she actually believes this stuff. It's post-modern performance-art. I think of Coulter in that sense as more at home on the pomo-left than the Christianist right (which is why the joke, ultimately, is on the Republicans who like her). Devoid of sincerity, detached from any value but performance, juggling rhetoric for its own sake, she is Stanley Fish's model student. Half the time, I tend to think that a Hannity or O'Reilly or Malkin actually believes their own rhetoric. With Coulter, I don't believe it for a second. And so her vileness cannot be taken seriously. She is worse than vile. She is just empty.

Still haven't shown me a lib columnist or radio figure better looking than her or Laura Ingraham.

Love the title of her book "Shut Up and Sing." :D

705851[/snapback]

Who cares what they look like I want coli to post more of their views on science, now that is beautiful :P

Still haven't shown me a lib columnist or radio figure better looking than her or Laura Ingraham.

Love the title of her book "Shut Up and Sing." :D

705851[/snapback]

Oh dear. I can't find a contestant for the sexiest political hack. Wacka with the default win. :P

She could have easily said "these women have suffered, for sure, but they have been well-compensated and they should not be using their suffering as a sounding board for foreign policy."

Yes, but then people wouldn't be posting about it on message boards and doing "Ann Coulter" Google searchs. :lol: