Who's going to replace Mighty Eric's 816 Yards?

While we all bemoan the loss of Eric the Great and his near historic 816 yards of production from 2005, the question is, who's going to step up and take on this great burden for the Offense?

Here's who's on the squad NOW, their experience as of NOW, and what they did last year (where ever they were).

On the Left Side

Lee Evans - 3rd Year, 48 for 743

Roscoe Parrish - 2nd Year, 15 for 148

Sam Aiken - 4th Year, 4 for 57

Martin Nance - R 81 for 1,107 (with Miami of OH)

Chris Denny - R 38 for 783 (with Nebraska-Omaha)

On the Right Side

Peerless Price - 8th Year 6 for 96

Josh Reed - 5th Year, 32 for 449

Jonathan Smith - 3rd Year, 5 for 56

Andre Davis - 5th Year, 9 for 190

George Wilson - 2nd Year, 0 for 0

I think Evans will crack a thousand, Reed at least 700 and Price at least 500.

I also think our Tight Ends will gain more than the COMBINED 165 yards they did all of last year.

JMHO and you're entitled to it.

While we all bemoan the loss of Eric the Great and his near historic 816 yards of production from 2005, the question is, who's going to step up and take on this great burden for the Offense?

Here's who's on the squad NOW, their experience as of NOW, and what they did last year (where ever they were).

On the Left Side

Lee Evans - 3rd Year, 48 for 743

Roscoe Parrish - 2nd Year, 15 for 148

Sam Aiken - 4th Year, 4 for 57

Martin Nance - R 81 for 1,107 (with Miami of OH)

Chris Denny - R 38 for 783 (with Nebraska-Omaha)

On the Right Side

Peerless Price - 8th Year 6 for 96

Josh Reed - 5th Year, 32 for 449

Jonathan Smith - 3rd Year, 5 for 56

Andre Davis - 5th Year, 9 for 190

George Wilson - 2nd Year, 0 for 0

I think Evans will crack a thousand, Reed at least 700 and Price at least 500.

I also think our Tight Ends will gain more than the COMBINED 165 yards they did all of last year.

JMHO and you're entitled to it.

705031[/snapback]

Roscoe will have more than PP.

Roscoe will have more than PP.

705032[/snapback]

Thank you. By your show of unbridled optimism, we've already surpassed the entire passing output of last year. The back(s) will gain a couple hundred more for sure. Looks like we'll bust 3,000 yards at this rate. :)

Nanker - it is very hard at this juncture to do more than guess how and even if Peerless will contribute. He obviously was a great #2 receiver when he last wore red white and blue but that was 3 years ago. His injury (injuries?) as far as know were "only" to his eye. If that has healed, then why could he not excel again in Dalas last year? As I recall, DB was disappointed and said something to the effect that PP had lost a step or two.

Undoubtedly, Lee Evans is the number 1 guy - as he became last year anyways.

Number 2 could be Parrish. I doubt Reed will be anything other than a number 3 although he did play pretty well last year as his numbers showed

I have heard some good things about Andre Davis - I believe his problem is staying healthy. So, if healthy - I guess my prediction is he will be the number 2 guy.

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

I think one addition to the passing game will be the TEs...I look for them to have greater production than in the last couple of years.

Also, the RBs should be more active in catching passes and that may be the biggest difference. The new regime throws a lot more to the backs out of the backfield, and the fact that willis won't be coming off every 3rd down will help. With the rams, s. jackson had over 300 yards receiving last year, and faulk had 290! 600 yards from the HB position. NICE!

Can the A-train catch?

I don't like parrish as the #2 much, at least not yet. I see him as fitting in as a real dangerous slot guy running quick slants, stick routes, crossing routes, and stretching the defense long occasionally.

Looking back at all the Rams offensive success, they always have a slot guy that is a burner. Az-Akeem (sp?) lit it up, and more recently that guy kevin curtis (800yds last year).

Hard telling, cause we don't know yet if we'll be running more 2-TE or more 3-WR formations. I don't think Damien Shelton's going to be catching too many passes though watching on the bench (IF he even makes the team).

I think Roscoe is going to be a Az-Hakim (when he was good) or Kevin Curtis kind of season in this offense. And it really won't be all that easy to defend our receivers, even though only one of them is a standout. Between Roscoe and Reed and Peerless, they are all completely different kinds of players, and put in different kinds of formations could get some match-ups that Fairchild likes. This may all depend on whether Everett and/or Royal can pose any threat at all down the middle, but I would not doubt at all that we have three 500-600 yards WRs instead of a second 1000 yard one.

Nanker - it is very hard at this juncture to do more than guess how and even if Peerless will contribute. He obviously was a great #2 receiver when he last wore red white and blue but that was 3 years ago. His injury (injuries?) as far as  know were "only" to his eye. If that has healed, then why could he not excel again in Dalas last year? As I recall, DB was disappointed and said something to the effect that PP had lost a step or two.

Undoubtedly, Lee Evans is the number 1 guy - as he became last year anyways.

Number 2 could be Parrish. I doubt Reed will be anything other than a number 3 although he did play pretty well last year as his numbers showed

I have heard some good things about Andre Davis - I believe his problem is staying healthy. So, if healthy - I guess my prediction is he will be the number 2 guy.

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

705069[/snapback]

Agreed. But remember PP joined Dallas a week before the season started and never had a real chance to get incorporated into the Dallas O. As for Drew's comment: here's a grain of salt. PP is no Pro Bowl receiver and we all know that Drew needs Pro Bowl talent all around him to succeed.

I think one addition to the passing game will be the TEs...I look for them to have greater production than in the last couple of years.

Also, the RBs should be more active in catching passes and that may be the biggest difference.  The new regime throws a lot more to the backs out of the backfield, and the fact that willis won't be coming off every 3rd down will help.  With the rams, s. jackson had over 300 yards receiving last year, and faulk had 290!  600 yards from the HB position. NICE!

Can the A-train catch?

705075[/snapback]

I think Willis will be more productive than his 178 yards receiving last year. Shelton gained 98 and Mighty Joe Burns had one that went for 19 and a TD! Woo-Hoo!

It's not hard at all to believe the O production will exceed that of last year. Last year was pathetic.

Hard telling, cause we don't know yet if we'll be running more 2-TE or more 3-WR formations. I don't think Damien Shelton's going to be catching too many passes though watching on the bench (IF he even makes the team).

705129[/snapback]

He can block decently well but gaining no yards on his single attempt in the 16 games he played in reveals a bit about Mularkey the Magnificent's game planning. He did catch 13 passes for 98 yards so if we go to 3WR sets more if Willis figures out he has to block, then maybe Shelton won't surpass the century mark.

I just think the new coaches will find a way to improve on the hideous offensive production of last year. It's not that I'm after gaudy numbers, but there were some moves and calls over the last two years that were just mind boggleing. I don't expect a Marv kind of guy like Jauron mis-managing his players and the game plan like MM did and GW did before him.

I think Roscoe is going to be a Az-Hakim (when he was good) or Kevin Curtis kind of season in this offense. And it really won't be all that easy to defend our receivers, even though only one of them is a standout. Between Roscoe and Reed and Peerless, they are all completely different kinds of players, and put in different kinds of formations could get some match-ups that Fairchild likes. This may all depend on whether Everett and/or Royal can pose any threat at all down the middle, but I would not doubt at all that we have three 500-600 yards WRs instead of a second 1000 yard one.

705130[/snapback]

Yes to all of the above! I'll sign on for that right now.

But, then I've got to get back to work.

He can block decently well but gaining no yards on his single attempt in the 16 games he played in reveals a bit about Mularkey the Magnificent's game planning. He did catch 13 passes for 98 yards so if we go to 3WR sets more if Willis figures out he has to block, then maybe Shelton won't surpass the century mark.

I just think the new coaches will find a way to improve on the hideous offensive production of last year. It's not that I'm after gaudy numbers, but there were some moves and calls over the last two years that were just mind boggleing. I don't expect a Marv kind of guy like Jauron mis-managing his players and the game plan like MM did and GW did before him.

705149[/snapback]

No doubt, that's why the Meathead was such a Meathead.

Way too early to call, but I'd like to see JP start, predominant formation be 2-TE to help with protection/running game, and Kevin Everett emerge & get a lot of yards to go along with Evans and whoever wins #2 (I'll say Price). That's what I'd like to see anyways. :)

PS I also think Evans will make everyone forget Moulds, he is a stud and will prove to be a far-better #1.

No doubt, that's why the Meathead was such a Meathead.

Way too early to call, but I'd like to see JP start, predominant formation be 2-TE to help with protection/running game, and Kevin Everett emerge & get a lot of yards to go along with Evans and whoever wins #2 (I'll say Price). That's what I'd like to see anyways. :)

PS I also think Evans will make everyone forget Moulds, he is a stud and will prove to be a far-better #1.

705165[/snapback]

From you lips (fingertips) to God's ears (eyes)! B-)