McNair to Ravens for 4th Round Pick

It's a great trade for the Ravens. The Titans were an awful football team last year. Besides Bennett, I couldn't even tell you who there wrs were. McNair kept them in almost every game. Plus, he a leader. I wonder what some of the "experts" would say if we somehow landed McNair.

This is definitely a good pick-up for the Ravens. He also has the chemistry with Derrick Mason already. Give'm a TE like Todd Heap (if he can stay healthy), a running back like Jamal Lewis (if he's now fully recovered), and they might be able to go 10-6 this year with the division they're in. LOL!!! It'll help their team, but McNair doesn't get them back into the trophy presentation ceremony at the Super Bowl. The Ravens need to come together like they did before as a team for that to happen. Ray Lewis isn't particularly happy right now because he's getting old and Ed Reed is stealing his spotlight. They're window is closing quick and they got Cincy and Pittsburgh waiting to lock it from the inside.

Got the dangerous McNair to Mason combo back together. If he stays healthy, ravens could be a team to reckon with.

704620[/snapback]

I'll bet he stays healthy through training camp, after that all bets are off.

And with McNair adding punch to their offense, the Ravens could very well be picking near the end of the 4th round, which would make it close to what the Bills got for Moulds.

704717[/snapback]

This trade is something the Mets would have done a few years ago in baseball. Pick up an aging vet who can't stay off the DL but will add excitement and put butts in the seats. That being said a 4th rounder isn't that bad, but seriously mcnair is just about finished.

The Titans got the better of the deal because old broken down McNair was going to be cut anyway.

But had they cut him earlier rather than pay the million option to buy down his contract they would have been further ahead.

A million dollars for a fourth round pick is not a good deal. Unless of course they pick a very good player.