Bills & Marv Levy on ESPN Outside the Lines

marck

Last night ESPN did their show 'Outside the Lines" about Marv Levy's return to the Bills and discussed his qualifications for the job, the re-tooling of the Bills and also his interest in coaching again.

Just wanted to check to see if anyone saw this last night?

Just thought I'd bump the topic as it was interesting

Last night ESPN did their show 'Outside the Lines" about Marv Levy's return to the Bills and discussed his qualifications for the job, the re-tooling of the Bills and also his interest in coaching again.

704320[/snapback]

Apparently none of us watched...here's a snippet.linky

704367[/snapback]

I watched it!! I got soo lucky didnt even know it was on but flipped to it towards the beginnning. Let's see they interviewed Jim kelly , he seemed to think that marv realkly wanted to coach , but GM was maybe as close as hew was gonna get... Andre reed and carriuchi ( spelling?) were interviewed at the same time, Reed was saying just how smart marv is and that no matter what he said, there was always a meaning behind it, not that he always understood it, but that there was meaning. Cariucchi (or whatever) went on the say that if marv had the opportunity to coach eagin he thinks it would be just fine and that marv has that capability. It showed marv alll running around a track which was pretty funny...he def looks like he is in good shape for his age.

They talked about the bills bad season last year, showed some clips of losman getting sacked( mind you the OL broke down in the clips hardcore) , was a really good show and kinda " satisfied" a thirst I have for info on the bills. If this is on again I would make sure to watch it, you kinda get this feeling that this team is gonna do something this year, nobody has a "smarter" GM HC duo than the bills, and everybody interviewed had only good things to say. Was so nice to get away from all the negativity. Hope this was good enough summary, there was lots more but alas, I am only one man.

EDIT: oh yah, when asked about the Donte Whitner pick , Marv said that he was the highest rated DB on their list , and could they have gotten him at 14, Maybe? but that wasn't good enough, he wanted yes.

I watched it last night.

I thought, hmmm...another hatchet job on the Bills by ESPN. And then I watched it. It was objective and well done...two things you don't see much by the Boys from Bristol anymore.

By the way, the only reason I was up at 12:45 in the morning is because of the Vicodin I'm taking. I sprained my ankle on Monday, and the painkillers are resulting in some really weird sleep habits.

Mike

The most intruiging aspect of the show was how Andre Reed thought Levy might return to coaching before its all said and done. Makes you wonder about Jauron. What if the Bills start like 0-5 next year? Will DJ be out and Marv in? Should be interesting...

704320[/snapback]

yes. :) DUH! B-)

By the way, the only reason I was up at 12:45 in the morning is because of the Vicodin I'm taking.  I sprained my ankle on Monday, and the painkillers are resulting in some really weird sleep habits.

Mike

704579[/snapback]

Whatever you say Favre :)

I watched it last night.

I thought, hmmm...another hatchet job on the Bills by ESPN.  And then I watched it.  It was objective and well done...two things you don't see much by the Boys from Bristol anymore.

By the way, the only reason I was up at 12:45 in the morning is because of the Vicodin I'm taking.  I sprained my ankle on Monday, and the painkillers are resulting in some really weird sleep habits.

Mike

704579[/snapback]

Even with Jeremy Schapp filling in for Bob Ley, Outside The Lines is consistently one of the best shows on ESPN... which is why, of course, it's shunted into the post-midnight/Sunday-morning slot.

Regarding the Levy segment: Good lineup of interviews/guests. The one thing I may have done differently? Get someone who's worked on-air with Marv recently -- perhaps Tasker or Simon -- to give some insight on whether his broadcasting work might have helped him prepare for a front-office job.

They may have consciously decided to steer clear of that, though, and Chris Parker acquitted himself well. (The Matthau/Lemmon line was good for a chuckle. Maybe I'll have to dig up some 'Grumpy Old Men' quotes for next season....)

Aside: Vikes? For an ankle sprain? Day-amn. Your doc taking on new patients? :)

Even with Jeremy Schapp filling in for Bob Ley, Outside The Lines is consistently one of the best shows on ESPN... which is why, of course, it's shunted into the post-midnight/Sunday-morning slot.

Regarding the Levy segment: Good lineup of interviews/guests. The one thing I may have done differently? Get someone who's worked on-air with Marv recently -- perhaps Tasker or Simon -- to give some insight on whether his broadcasting work might have helped him prepare for a front-office job.

They may have consciously decided to steer clear of that, though, and Chris Parker acquitted himself well. (The Matthau/Lemmon line was good for a chuckle. Maybe I'll have to dig up some 'Grumpy Old Men' quotes for next season....)

Aside: Vikes? For an ankle sprain? Day-amn. Your doc taking on new patients? :)

704934[/snapback]

Mike's a lawyer, he deals with pain and suffering every day of his life. His threshold for personal pain however is below 0.

Just kidding Mike! B-)

Actually, my personal pain threshhold is pretty high. Between my stomach surgery, allergy shots every 10 days or so, and giving blood every couple of months has caused my tolerance of pain and needles to skyrocket.

I went to see the doc this AM...he gave me another Vicodin prescription and told me I have to stay on crutches until about Wednesday. The foot and ankle are healing, but there is still some pain...and it can get bad at times, but less so than a couple of days ago.

BTW, the Vicodin does work pretty well. I'm only taking it at night to help me sleep. I can't drive when I'm on it, so I've been relying on Motrin.

Mike

I watched it last night.

I thought, hmmm...another hatchet job on the Bills by ESPN.  And then I watched it.  It was objective and well done...two things you don't see much by the Boys from Bristol anymore.

Mike

704579[/snapback]

You are taking Vicodin for a sprained ankle. You are going to have to man up a little bro. Get tougher! :D

You are taking Vicodin for a sprained ankle. You are going to have to man up a little bro. Get tougher! :P

705820[/snapback]

I've been told sprained ankles hurt more than broken ones. This from the ER doctor, who initially gave me the Vicodin.

mmmm...painkillers. :D:lol:

Mike

I've been told sprained ankles hurt more than broken ones.  This from the ER doctor, who initially gave me the Vicodin.

mmmm...painkillers.  :D  :P

Mike

705821[/snapback]

Ehh, thats sissy talk. I have sprained my ankles on more than one occassion. I actually tore the ligaments in my left one and that hurt like a bi---. When you sprain them often like I did, it starts to build scar tissue and it doesnt hurt as bad. I played center all 4 years of high school and was always getting landed on. 2 ACL's-one Miniscus replacement and an MCL. Football sucks on the body man. Play golf its alot easier on the body.

Ehh, thats sissy talk. I have sprained my ankles on more than one occassion. I actually tore the ligaments in my left one and that hurt like a bi---. When you sprain them often like I did, it starts to build scar tissue and it doesnt hurt as bad. I played center all 4 years of high school and was always getting landed on. 2 ACL's-one Miniscus replacement and an MCL. Football sucks on the body man. Play golf its alot easier on the body.

705833[/snapback]

no, seriously, I too have sprained my ankle to the point where it would have been less painful and would have healed almost the same rate as a break. This was told to me by doctor as well. It was baaaad! took like 2 months before the color and pain went away. Damn skateboards.... it depends on the severity of the sprain bu they are not always less painful/ time consuming than breaks.

Edit: I did not, however, recieve any pain killers... but at 17 or 18 the doctors know you would like that all too much...

I've been told sprained ankles hurt more than broken ones.  This from the ER doctor, who initially gave me the Vicodin.

mmmm...painkillers.  :lol:  :lol:

Mike

705821[/snapback]

Get the painkillers if you can. I have an incredible pain threshold but will take an oxy, vike, perc, darvocet if they are offered. Usually not though- ace bandage is usually what the doctors give me

Actually, my personal pain threshhold is pretty high.  Between my stomach surgery, allergy shots every 10 days or so, and giving blood every couple of months has caused my tolerance of pain and needles to skyrocket.

I went to see the doc this AM...he gave me another Vicodin prescription and told me I have to stay on crutches until about Wednesday.  The foot and ankle are healing, but there is still some pain...and it can get bad at times, but less so than a couple of days ago. 

BTW, the Vicodin does work pretty well.  I'm only taking it at night to help me sleep.  I can't drive when I'm on it, so I've been relying on Motrin.

Mike

705814[/snapback]

WHatever happened to good ol advil?