Bills trade Euhus to Saints for Courtney Watson

As per KFFL

It looks like probably Royal, Everett and Cieslak. I think Neufeld is a goner. Hopefully.

Saints | Euhus acquired in trade

Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:30:37 -0700

NewOrleansSaints.com reports the New Orleans Saints have acquired TE Tim Euhus in a trade from the Buffalo Bills. In exchange, the Bills receive LB Courtney Watson.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493108

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye, Tim. We hardly knew ye.

I kinda liked Tim, but we had too many. The coaches obviously like Royal, and Everett wasn't going anywhere, and it sure seemed like Cieslak was moving up in the world.

Cieslak makes me think of the Sleestacks from "Land of the Lost".

Watson sounds like their backup MLB. Interesting. Young guy, wonder how much upside he has.

Watson sounds like their backup MLB. Interesting. Young guy, wonder how much upside he has.

704132[/snapback]

Watson was outstanding when he played for Notre Dame and then was a 2nd round pick of the Saints. He was one of the main reasons for the great 9-0 start to the Ty Willingham era. He has a big upside, although he has obviously been a huge disappointment in NO. This could stem from his immediate spot in the starting lineup. Maybe less pressure will bring out his potential.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493108

Scouts Inc.

Full Name: Courtney Watson

Born: September 18, 1980

Sarasota, FL

Height: 6-1

Weight: 246 lbs. Age: 25

Pos: LB

Experience: 2 years

College: Notre Dame

Drafted: Year:2004 Round:2 Pick:28, Saints

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 72 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

He has good upper body strength and he uses his hands well in shedding blockers. He shows good explosiveness at the point of attack. He lacks ideal speed but still has the range to play sideline to sideline. He is a little stiff in the hips and his top end speed is not what you would like to see however he shows the ability to run with most backs and tight ends. He takes good angles to the ball and he can play through blocks in traffic and get to the ball. He is a strong tackler when he gets to the ball carrier. His lack of top end speed will get him mis matched versus some of the more speedy backs in the league and he does not have the ability to make up for a mistake in coverage. He has adequate change of direction skills and decent lateral movement.

Seems a little "out of character" for Marv -

On Wednesday, October 26, 2005, Watson was pulled over on Interstate 10 in San Antonio, Texas for erratic driving. Police found an open container of beer in the car. Watson was described as "combative" and failed a field sobriety test. He was arrested, charged with drunken driving, and later released on $1,000 bond.

<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Watson>Wikipedia</a>

Euhus showed nothing last year and wouldn't have made the team.  No matter what happens with the guy we're getting, the trade is a no lose for the Bills.

704140[/snapback]

in fairness to Tim, he was coming off knee surgery and was inactive for the first 5 games last year. But you are right, seems like an even trade, and possibly in the Bills favor.

Seems a little "out of character" for Marv -

On Wednesday, October 26, 2005, Watson was pulled over on Interstate 10 in San Antonio, Texas for erratic driving. Police found an open container of beer in the car. Watson was described as "combative" and failed a field sobriety test. He was arrested, charged with drunken driving, and later released on $1,000 bond.

<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Watson>Wikipedia</a>

704143[/snapback]

You're right, Griff28. Marv's a damn liar. This Watson fella belongs in the slammer.

I actually really like this trade. Euhus was going to be the odd man out of our TE rotation anyways (what with Everett hopefully coming back in good health and BB.com pimping off Cieslek every chance they get).

Watson will at least help bolster our LB corps. If he keeps his head screwed on straight, we got ourselves a nice new addition.

I actually really like this trade.  Euhus was going to be the odd man out of our TE rotation anyways (what with Everett hopefully coming back in good health and BB.com pimping off Cieslek every chance they get).

Watson will at least help bolster our LB corps.  If he keeps his head screwed on straight, we got ourselves a nice new addition.

704162[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly BGIM.

So I'm guessing they are hoping this guy is Fletcher's heir apparent?

Looks like a good move. An even "trade up" from 4th round to 2nd in the 2004 draft. :blink: And they only have Euhus for a year, Watson is signed for another 2 (before you point to the NFLPA page that says three, there's an article that says he voided his last year...). And we eat less in amortized bonus... :P

In all seriousness though, nice to get value out of an "odd man out." Hope this kid works out.

It looks like probably Royal, Everett and Cieslak. I think Neufeld is a goner. Hopefully.

Doubt it. I'd actually like to see Neufeld stick around. He's no standout, but a solid special teams player and completely versatile. Everett's unproven, Cieslak has little experience. I just can't imagine they'd back up Royal with two guys with no experience.

It'll be interesting to see how Campbell and Euhus do down in New Orleans.

I think this is a GREAT trade...The Bills just got better with this move. I liked Euhus since he played here in the Willamette Valley at Oregon State...but I grew tired of him always being hurt and/or nicked up. Watson was traded to Miami a few weeks ago but Eddie Moore I believe it was failed his physical so the deal was null and void.

And I could care less if he got a DUI a year ago...enough of this "we must have perfect gentlemen" crap...let's get some savage raging monsters out there and kick some ass! 0:)

Doubt it.  I'd actually like to see Neufeld stick around.  He's no standout, but a solid special teams player and completely versatile.  Everett's unproven, Cieslak has little experience.  I just can't imagine they'd back up Royal with two guys with no experience.

It'll be interesting to see how Campbell and Euhus do down in New Orleans.

704180[/snapback]

Neufeld is a terrible player. I mean bad. He is decent to good on special teams but we have a lot of very good special teams guys and he is nowhere near close to one of the better ones. He is an awful blocker and he has little speed and stone hands and when they do put him in, he's just plain awful. And I wanted to like him.

The thing about TEs is, you have to be very good at one thing, or at least have good potential in an area, especially if you are number three. We don't know much about Cieslak, except that he has good size and is supposed to be a good blocker. Neufeld is skinny, he is not fast, he has stone hands, and he doesn't hold his blocks well. He excels at nothing and has no potential to. He needs to go and soon. And he will. Royal is a proven commodity. Everett is a 3rd round pick with a lot of talent. Cieslak has obviously showed them something by leapfrogging everyone except Royal on the depth chart. he will be the #3.

And hell, he's an angry drunk with road rage...sounds like he'll fit in perfect with us Bills fans.

704170[/snapback]

Its not road rage, its "intermittent explosive disorder"... 0:)