More "disease" bullcrap

Ramius

This is embarassing. No personal responsibility anymore. Now you can have extreme roaad rage, and even beat your spouse, and you're not a crazy ass-hole, you have "intermittent explosive disorder". So therefore its not your fault you do these thing. Our society gets more and more pathetic every day.

I wonder how long before we're drugging people left and right for this "disorder" :P

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13152708/?GT1=8211

This is embarassing. No personal responsibility anymore. Now you can have extreme roaad rage, and even beat your spouse, and you're not a crazy ass-hole, you have "intermittent explosive disorder". So therefore its not your fault you do these thing. Our society gets more and more pathetic every day.

I wonder how long before we're drugging people left and right for this "disorder" :P

704068[/snapback]

I'm with you 100% on this. It's utter garbage!

But then again, I suffer from Acute Medical Information Induced Exasperation Disorder. So, I'm chemically compelled to feel this way--I have no control over it.

I wonder how long before we're drugging people left and right for this "disorder" 0:)

704068[/snapback]

I don't know anything about "intermittent explosive disorder", because I have "Permanent explosive disorder". Which makes me a Bill's fan. :lol:

I wonder how long before we're drugging people left and right for this "disorder" 0:)

704068[/snapback]

Realistically, any human behavior taken to a sufficient extreme could be considered a medical disorder.

Which is not to say it should, just that it could...I could make a very strong case for "Road Rage disorder" being a real medical problem. I could also disprove it with one simple fact: if it is a medical disorder, it's just about the only one caused by being in a car. :lol: That's a REALLY stupid diagnostic criterion...

We were a more civil society back when everybody smoked cigarettes.

704432[/snapback]

Kids also learned a lot better from ass beatings than they do from "timeout" and "discussing your actions"

704068[/snapback]

This article really #)*%$@< pi$$es me !@&$#+& off. Inter#@^)*@mittent %#)^>~ god damn explosive %$#@)%& dis#*@!)&^*order my %(#@&*! a$$.

This article really #)*%$@<  pi$$es me !@&$#+&  off.  Inter#@^)*@mittent %#)^>~  god damn explosive %$#@)%&  dis#*@!)&^*order my %(#@&*! a$$.

704497[/snapback]

Intermittent Exlosive Disorder has been listed in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual from Amercian Psychiatric Association)forquite some time, it is not anything new. Applying it to cases of "Road Rage" may be a new thing, however.

For many years I worked with disabled adults, many of them had little , ifany control over thierbehavior. they also had very poor coping skills, and lacked the ability to appropriately express frustration and anger. they were often given this diagnosis. This diagnosis was often used because many government and private insurance programs require a formal diagnosis before payemnet will be made for traetment, this diagnosis is often used for thjose people that don't meet the criteria for other mental disorders that are more "precise".

Intermittent Exlosive Disorder has been listed in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual from Amercian Psychiatric Association)forquite some time, it is not anything new.  Applying it to cases of "Road Rage" may be a new thing, however.

For many years I worked with disabled adults, many of them had little , ifany control over thierbehavior.  they also had very poor coping skills, and lacked the ability to appropriately express frustration and anger.  they were often given this diagnosis.  This diagnosis was often used because many government and private insurance programs require a formal diagnosis before payemnet will be made for traetment, this diagnosis is often used for thjose people that don't meet the criteria for other mental disorders that are more "precise".

704541[/snapback]

0:) Why do I feel as though everyone's looking at me right now? :lol:;)