Hot for teacher (again)

Not condoning teachers having relationships with students they teach, but c'mon he's 18, shes 25, its not that far off, and 18 is legal in most areas

The school may be able to punish her for dating a student, but legally, I can't see how she can be charged unless the student was considered a minor or under the legal age.

That's just stupid. When I was 18, I actually had a 27 y/o girlfriend. Everyone approved and didnt care because we were both legal.  She should be fired from the school, but I don't see why she needs prison time.

703695[/snapback]

She doesn't "need" (or deserve) prison time...she doesn't even deserve a misdemeanor charge.

But the law in Texas states "Thou shalt not have sex with a student if you are a teacher." Technically, if she taught adult education and had sex with a 50-year old student, she'd be just as guilty under the law.

Which just goes to show the law is !@#$ing stupid. If it's between legal adults, any disciplinary action necessary in response to a teacher-student relationship should be handled by the school and board of education.

And by the way...this charge probably puts her on the registered sex offenders list as a pedophile...even though she had a relationship with a legal adult. :P