HELP WANTED!!!!!

So we have a Navy peon, no offense, going to offer up 23,500 to see this guy get chem'ed or bio'ed.  Yet the US has offered a reward in excess of 25 million.  Explain to me why 23,500 with torture would bring someone to turn him in when 25 million dead or alive, no torture videos required, would? 

I guess being a dumb jarhead I don't understand.

52755[/snapback]

Maybe it's the new Kerry plan in action. The personal touch of the individual military member, instead of the big bland US government, will get action going.

Back to the regular routine this weekend with the one o'clock start thank goodness.

The last 4 or 5 seasons we usually fill up that back room with Bills fans pretty well, but I was surprised at how many unfamiliar faces I saw - it was too crowded for my tastes, I was hoping to visit with you some more.

VaBchBledsoeFan (Jeezuz I hope he gets a shorter screenname soon!) sat up by me.  The blonde is Nichole, Gary's gal.  Gary (and Nichole now) meet up with us at Hammers for the opener, so that's probably who you saw in the picture.  He's not much of an internet-guy, but he enjoys the people at the tailgate.  The auburn-haired gal is Nichole's former roommate.  They're both real sweet, and certainly not too hard on the eyes!

But next time you're down this way, make sure the Bills have an early game, will ya'?  :P  :devil:

52753[/snapback]

Well, goood thing I didn't hit on Nichole. ;) I'm just kidding, I kinda figured that out. When you see the roomate, tell her a fellow Bills fan thinks she has a pretty nice....belt. :D

I get down there on the handlers schedule. But I'm pretty certain to be down there again before the season is over.

Once again, Chris-thank you for the hospitality. It was appreciated.

I hope you're just venting. When I worked in Navy Intel 15-20 years back, we kept a cool head and attacked the symptom, not any one individual. You're now going up against an endless line of human bombs, the hardest enemy to defeat. We need to change the mindset of the locals, not give the terrorists more reason to advance their cause.

Impossible for me to get angry and disgusted over every call to arms by these zealots. This will go on forever unless we get the majority of their own people to turn on these terorists and eliminate them. Right now, they tend to sympathize with the Anti-American stance, due to the occupation and the poor conditions . I support you and all our troops, since I've been there.

We just need to use our brains a little more and check our emotions or we'll go nuts with every terrorist leader screaming into the camera.

52643[/snapback]

You not going to win the hearts and minds over these people man, give me a break on that. Ask the Soviets about winning the hearts and minds or all the guys who fought in Nam.

Or go up to NY and ask all the families who lost loved ones in those towers if they want to win hearts and minds. Time to kick ass....

You not going to win the hearts and minds over these people man, give me a break on that.  Ask the Soviets about winning the hearts and minds or all the guys who fought in Nam. 

Or go up to NY and ask all the families who lost loved ones in those towers if they want to win hearts and minds.    Time to kick ass....

52825[/snapback]

He's not talking hearts and minds. Get a clue, and do your homework before you jump on as the expert.

I know he ignored me last night, but what's the deal with him referring to the WIFE?

Inquiring minds do want to know.

52757[/snapback]

Hmmm.... Maybe he's afraid he'll lose his military pension if he says "husband." :devil:

Your guess is as good as mine. I do know that he and Dona participated in some sort of ring ceremony on their last trip to Ireland - I didn't believe it to be a wedding, but perhaps it was? I dunno'

Sounds like he is getting desperate.  I also think Bin Laden is dead, its been over a year now since we heard a audio tape and over two years since a video tape

I'd tend to agree with you on this. I also think the noose may be tigtening and that's why this guy sent out the "if we die or are captured, fight on!" message. But what do I know?? :devil:

CW

You not going to win the hearts and minds over these people man, give me a break on that.  Ask the Soviets about winning the hearts and minds or all the guys who fought in Nam. 

Or go up to NY and ask all the families who lost loved ones in those towers if they want to win hearts and minds.    Time to kick ass....

52825[/snapback]

The more I read your posts, the more I can't help thinking you're position in the Navy is best described as "prep cook". Explain to me again about the UAVs that launch HARM missiles... :)

There seems to be a major piece missing to this discussion. In this case, cutting the head off the snake deesn't kill the snake, it just grows another one. If Bin Laden is captured or killed there are 5000 Saudi's, Iraqi's, Afghani's etc.. ready to step in and be the next leader.

This war will go on as long as any of us are alive. There's no stopping terrorism but we sure can make it damn difficult for them to hit us again. Make no mistake though, we will get hit again. The question is how hard. :)

The more I read your posts, the more I can't help thinking you're position in the Navy is best described as "prep cook".  Explain to me again about the UAVs that launch HARM missiles...  :)

53297[/snapback]

Heres another idiot who comes out for pop shots. I wonder at times why I spend the long months away from my family for people like you. Then I think, I get a % of your hard earned money (if you even work which i doubt) reguardless of what you think of me jackass.

Ah no, im not a cook, but I wouldnt take shots at those guys. There out to sea for your safety too. Cook or not.

Heres another idiot who comes out for pop shots.  I wonder at times why I spend the long months away from my family for people like you.  Then I think, I get a % of your hard earned money (if you even work which i doubt) reguardless of what you think of me jackass.

Ah no, im not a cook, but I wouldnt take shots at those guys.  There out to sea for your safety too.  Cook or not.

53341[/snapback]

Oh, I respect the effort most cooks put into their work. Thankless tasks, no glory in it...but most of them don't pretend to be more than they actually are...

Idiots without jobs taking potshots? Navy, post anything you want-I for one don't care. As for your opinions, yours are as good as anyone elses. You really do need to look up things before you post them though. You just embarrassed yourself to anyone who has even a cursory knowledge of Chemical Warfare. You have often posted as someone in the know, and here's what's going on. And your "I need a life" thing was to underscore your knowledge of the matter-but the simple fact is you are way, way wrong and it looks dumb. Flame me if you want. If I were you, I might consider the advice.

Idiots without jobs taking potshots? Navy, post anything you want-I for one don't care. As for your opinions, yours are as good as anyone elses. You really do need to look up things before you post them though. You just embarrassed yourself to anyone who has even a cursory knowledge of Chemical Warfare. You have often posted as someone in the know, and here's what's going on. And your "I need a life" thing was to underscore your knowledge of the matter-but the simple fact is you are way, way wrong and it looks dumb. Flame me if you want. If I were you, I might consider the advice.

53356[/snapback]

I embarrassed myself? On a internet message board? Give me a break dude. Ill post what I want, your all welcome to a opinion. Popshots ill throw right back. This place is full of internet tuff guys, I love it.... It really dont matter what you feel or think about me man, I wake up the same person everyday. What make you a man Bib, Tom or whoever is when im standing face to face with you and you got the balls to say whats on your mind. Your a Gators guy right? See you Sunday at 1pm brother.

I embarrassed myself?  On a internet message board?  Give me a break dude.  Ill post what I want, your all welcome to a opinion.  Popshots ill throw right back.  This place is full of internet tuff guys, I love it....  It really dont matter what you feel or think about me man, I wake up the same person everyday.  What make you a man Bib, Tom or whoever is when im standing face to face with you and you got the balls to say whats on your mind.  Your a Gators guy right?  See you Sunday at 1pm brother.

53361[/snapback]

Wow, here we go again. Yeah, you can post anything you want, I just would think that if one were going to pass something off as factual information, they might want to use facts-that's all. And no, I'm not a Gator's guy-I just happened to be down that way for a week on business. And yes, if you were to come out with something that was complete fiction passing it off as factual, and I knew it-I'd say something. At first as maybe a hint to avoid embarrassment for either of us-but if you kept it up, I might get more direct if it seemed as though folks believed you. Is it important? Probably not. But judging from what I and many others hear on a regular basis from folks who will believe any soundbite they hear on TV, or similar activities-I'm really getting to get a peeve about people working off bad data. It's going to haunt us some day.

Wow, here we go again. Yeah, you can post anything you want, I just would think that if one were going to pass something off as factual information, they might want to use facts-that's all. And no, I'm not a Gator's guy-I just happened to be down that way for a week on business. And yes, if you were to come out with something that was complete fiction passing it off as factual, and I knew it-I'd say something. At first as maybe a hint to avoid embarrassment for either of us-but if you kept it up, I might get more direct if it seemed as though folks believed you. Is it important? Probably not. But judging from what I and many others hear on a regular basis from folks who will believe any soundbite they hear on TV, or similar activities-I'm really getting to get a peeve about people working off bad data. It's going to haunt us some day.

53364[/snapback]

Dude, Ive been doing the Intel thing since 1990. Media rules all. Most of these guys who post about the Gov. or anything else know nothing about how things really run. This post was a joke, a statement about this guy and these idiots in the world. Everything you post on this board is taken way out of line. This board is people lives man. Some of them its all they got in life. Its a shame. Bib, trust me man, I sit here and laugh my ass off at some of these people when they reply to my posts. I love it. Look at some of the pictures on their sites and all you see is sloppy 350 pound monsters, or as I like to say "the new breed liberal American". You welcome over my house for dinner and a beer if you come into town again man. Ill even get you a nice inside tour of the ship dude! Just message or email me.