Down to two ?

I just was over at two bills drive . There is a story there from some paper. It states D. J. as saying that it`s real close to 2 Q.B.`s now. He states there isn`t enough rep`s for all 3 . I`ll bet Nall is 3rd.

702982[/snapback]

"But first-year coach Dick Jauron said one of them will have to drop back to No. 3 by the first week of training camp at the latest, because there simply aren't enough reps to go around."

Is this the statement you are talking about? If so, training camp is a ways off yet.

What's more telling is Nall's self-assessment:

"I don't think it's time to fret," Nall said. "We're still in OTAs (organized team activities). When training camp comes around, if I'm still at the same spot that I am right now, then it's time to panic. I've just got to take each day as it comes and try to get better at something."

Well from what I heard from a friend who had talked with DJ, all he could get out of him was Nall would not be the starter

703026[/snapback]

Well, if your friend is correct then either JP will be the starter (which isn't a bad thing IMHO provided he actually goes out and earns it) or Kelly will be the starter in which case the Bills are DOOOOMED.

My gut feel is that JP or Nall will be the starter (which fits with your friend's version - JP starting) and Holcomb starting out as the #2. If JP succeeds, I'd see Nall as the #2 next year and Holcomb gone. If JP can't get it done (due to his own limitations or the OL's) then I see the team trying to give Nall a chance to lead the team and if he is successful then JP is gone. If Nall and JP both can't get it done and the powers that be determine it to be on their heads, then we're looking at the Bills having a very high draft pick next year that they are seriously considering wasting on another QB.

Well, if your friend is correct then either JP will be the starter (which isn't a bad thing IMHO provided he actually goes out and earns it) or Kelly will be the starter in which case the Bills are DOOOOMED.

My gut feel is that JP or Nall will be the starter (which fits with your friend's version - JP starting) and Holcomb starting out as the #2.  If JP succeeds, I'd see Nall as the #2 next year and Holcomb gone.  If JP can't get it done (due to his own limitations or the OL's) then I see the team trying to give Nall a chance to lead the team and if he is successful then JP is gone.  If Nall and JP both can't get it done and the powers that be determine it to be on their heads, then we're looking at the Bills having a very high draft pick next year that they are seriously considering wasting on another QB.

703036[/snapback]

I think its more like if Nall and Losman can't get it done, we can all welcome usher in the Brady Quinn era of the Buffalo Bills

My gut feel is that JP or Nall will be the starter (which fits with your friend's version - JP starting) and Holcomb starting out as the #2.  If JP succeeds, I'd see Nall as the #2 next year and Holcomb gone.  If JP can't get it done (due to his own limitations or the OL's) then I see the team trying to give Nall a chance to lead the team and if he is successful then JP is gone.  If Nall and JP both can't get it done and the powers that be determine it to be on their heads, then we're looking at the Bills having a very high draft pick next year that they are seriously considering wasting on another QB.

703036[/snapback]

Think of it this way:

There is NO way JP will be the 3rd QB for the Bills (no way in hell a number 1 draft pick gets demoted to that -- it would be an insult to the organization).

There is no way KH is going to be the number three. You don't put a veteran backup (a good vet backup) behind two inexpeirenced QBs.

and finally....

If Nall were any good, why would the Packers use a draft pick on Rogers?

Bottom line, Nall was brought in to "compete" (push JP) and nothing more. No one expected him to wind up as anything more than the number 3.

I just was over at two bills drive . There is a story there from some paper. It states D. J. as saying that it`s real close to 2 Q.B.`s now. He states there isn`t enough rep`s for all 3 . I`ll bet Nall is 3rd.

702982[/snapback]

Nall was signed to be the starter......whether that happens remains to be seen but I think marv and Jauron want him to be the starter

I think they brought him in HOPING he'd be the starter, but so far he's been the 3rd best QB.  At the least, he'll be a promising backup.

703362[/snapback]

Could be. But I just have a tough time believing that Marv and Company really believed Nall had enough talent to be a starter considering how highly his former team thought of his potential.

The Packers were so convinced that Nall has what it takes, they not only released him, they used a first round pick to draft Rogers...you know what I mean? Something doesn't add up. If Nall was any good, he would still be in GB.

I think his signing was certainly a flyer that the Pack might be wrong in their assessment, but realistically the front office didn't expect much more than another young arm to push and see if JP rises to the challenge.

Nall was signed to be the starter......whether that happens remains to be seen but I think marv and Jauron want him to be the starter

703306[/snapback]

Maybe Marv just thought he was a budding talent like Clodd Tollins. After 15 years as an NFL #3, he'd be ready to be a backup someplace.