College Students Die Inside Baloon?

slothrop

Apparently two college students crawled into a large helium baloon. Guess what they proved - humans need oxygen to sustain life. 

Stupid People Die in a Baloon

702910[/snapback]

And that is just one of the reasons why I won't ever take a ride on 1.

(other reasons: *Basket could collaspe and fall to the ground

*Explosion on board.

*Explosion on board.

702911[/snapback]

I don't think this was a hot-air-baloon. Rather, it was a 8' in diameter baloon outside a business to advertise. It was partially deflated and these two literally crawled inside it!

Apparently two college students crawled into a large helium baloon. Guess what they proved - humans need oxygen to sustain life. 

Stupid People Die in a Baloon

702910[/snapback]

1) That's a Darwin Award if I've ever seen one.

2) You KNOW their parents are going to sue the business on some flimsy logic, which will be a stupid lawsuit because:

1) That's a Darwin Award if I've ever seen one. :doh:

"It was more a fun thing they thought they were doing," said Linda Rydman, whose daughter was found dead. "You know how you blow up the balloon and suck the helium."

So, is this idiot saying she knew her daughter was going to stick her head inside a helium filled balloon or merely trying to justify it?

Either way, wow, I'm starting to understand why her daughter didn't have enough sense to NOT stick her head inside a helium filled balloon.

:doh:

This is why confined entry procedures exist in construction and industry. When they are not followed, people get killed.

In the absence of oxygen, the lungs and blood desorb, and you go quickly. And CO bonds strongly to hemoglobin causing an inability to absorb oxygen.

Folks have died in seconds, entering new steel tanks - the oxygen in the tank binds and forms an oxide coating.

Ventilate!

they were retarded.

but it would only take a min or 2 before they would pass out. they would be breathing helium, so it wouldnt feel like they were suficating, they would just get tired and pass out.

*Explosion on board.

702911[/snapback]

:P

FYI: *You ride in a hot air balloon.

*Helium does not go boom.

they were retarded.

but it would only take a min or 2 before they would pass out. they would be breathing helium, so it wouldnt feel like they were suficating, they would just get tired and pass out.

703728[/snapback]

Actually, in a completely anoxic atmosphere like the inside of a helium balloon...it could take as little as fifteen seconds.