Who remembers this hockey moment?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/06/hockeygoal.html

I don't remember that game.  Can someone fill me in if that "goal" counted. :doh:

702840[/snapback]

Happened later in the season during the Sabres last "slump." Yes it did count. The NHL's excuse was the goal judge in Toronto couldn't reach anyone in Calgary in time to say it was no goal. So what else is new?

PTR

Happened later in the season during the Sabres last "slump."  Yes it did count.  The NHL's excuse was the goal judge in Toronto couldn't reach anyone in Calgary in time to say it was no goal.  So what else is new?

PTR

702841[/snapback]

So if a player actually does this, and the ref. sees it, does the goal count?

I say no.

So if a player actually does this, and the ref. sees it, does the goal count?

I say no.

702842[/snapback]

No, he kicked it in. Had he just stood there and it deflected off his foot, it would have stood.

I believe the video goal judge in Calgary was removed from his post after this game.

The league called Darcy Regier right away and apologized for this. I heard Bettman talking during the playoffs, and he mentioned that the league believe that only 4 or 5 goals were called incorrectly this year, and while he'd like it to be 0, he thinks that is a good number. I'm sure this goal was one of those 4 or 5.

I heard Bettman talking during the playoffs, and he mentioned that the league believe that only 4 or 5 goals were called incorrectly this year, and while he'd like it to be 0, he thinks that is a good number.  I'm sure this goal was one of those 4 or 5.

702938[/snapback]

Jeez, if Bettman really said that (and I have no reason to doubt you), Bettman is a bigger idiot than I already thought he was. 4 or 5 goals in one season, IMO, is a lot. It shouldn't be that difficult!