Beware of this POS on eBay

Thailog80

Fake Autographs

This scum sold a 12 year old boy a fake Michael Vick jersey for $600.00. The kid went to have it verified and the company that does it returned it to him and verified it a FAKE. The POS refuses to give a refund. I feel badly for the kid as he is very ill and his dad wanted to cheer him up by getting him a Vick jersey....his favorite player.

This guy is a major POS. Beware and never ever by anything from this guy.

where did you hear that story? just curious.

the memorabilia business is full of scum...way too easy to fake an autograph.....

702440[/snapback]

The kids dad is a friend of a friend. Im trying to obtain a jersey to replace the fake one.

The kids dad is a friend of a friend. Im trying to obtain a jersey to replace the fake one.

702444[/snapback]

You should see if you can track down an email addy for Vick. Most players hate it when people make money off their names like this, and I'm sure Vick has "people" who could go after the guy. Even if under normal circumstances he would't care, going after a guy who sold a sick kid a jersey would make for a good story I'm sure his agent would jump at. Wouldn't surprise me if he got an authentic signed jersey out of the deal too.

Fake Autographs

This scum sold a 12 year old boy a fake Michael Vick jersey for $600.00. The kid went to have it verified and the company that does it returned it to him and verified it a FAKE. The POS refuses to give a refund. I feel badly for the kid as he is very ill and his dad wanted to cheer him up by getting him a Vick jersey....his favorite player.

This guy is a major POS. Beware and never ever by anything from this guy.

702422[/snapback]

So where's the negative feedback?

You should see if you can track down an email addy for Vick. Most players hate it when people make money off their names like this, and I'm sure Vick has "people" who could go after the guy. Even if under normal circumstances he would't care, going after a guy who sold a sick kid a jersey would make for a good story I'm sure his agent would jump at. Wouldn't surprise me if he got an authentic signed jersey out of the deal too.

happens all day every day - i don't think getting in touch with vick would be very easy.

happens all day every day - i don't think getting in touch with vick would be very easy.

702498[/snapback]

I think I can find out who representes MV and go that way. Whatever happens I will ruin this guy at memorabilia shows.

Ah I see.  That just sux.  I have 2 words for ya: Small Claims Court.

702494[/snapback]

:doh:

So, Thailog, is there anyplace I can go to verify my home powder blue #15 Spieks jersey is genuine?

Ebay is full of crooks, not just in the collectables biz. Computer crooks too...

702498[/snapback]

You can usually find something set up for players fan mail. I know Vick probably wouldn't read it himself, but who ever does would probably be able to call attention to someone that would know what to do with it. At very least, you can usually send snail mail to the team address with Vick's name on it.

Q: How do I get in touch with a Falcons player?

A: Falcons players do not have their own individual e-mail accounts, but you can send them regular mail at the team's training facility. Correspondence to individual players should be addressed: Player's Name, Atlanta Falcons, 4400 Falcon Parkway, Flowery Branch, GA 30542

Q: How do I get something autographed by a Falcons player?

A: You can send an item addressed to the player of interest, along with return postage.

Please understand the players receive HUNDREDS of items a week from fans so there is no guarantee your item will be signed and/or returned to you.

In addition, there are a few other ways you can possibly get autographs from the players. Each year at training camp (July and August) the team's practices are open and free to the public. Occasionally after practice, some fans will receive autographs from the players as they exit the field. Also, each year, we have an annual kick-off luncheon. This is a good place to meet players and get autographs. And finally, there are our home games. During the first hour that the gates are open fans are allowed to come down to the front row on the lower level seating area while the players are warming up on the field.

Just my two cents on the autograph business...Never buy anything from anyone unless it's from a reputable business such as Upper Deck Authenticated, Tri-Star, Mounted Memories, PSA/DNA to name a few. You'll pay more but you can be pretty sure it's authentic. Somelike Tri-Star and UDA have serial numbers where you can go to their websites to verify authenticity.

Just my two cents on the autograph business...Never buy anything from anyone unless it's from a reputable business such as Upper Deck Authenticated, Tri-Star, Mounted Memories, PSA/DNA to name a few. You'll pay more but you can be pretty sure it's authentic. Somelike Tri-Star and UDA have serial numbers where you can go to their websites to verify authenticity.

702546[/snapback]

Even someone with a name can be crooked.

About 10 years ago, the guy who had an evening talk show (non-sports) on the biggest radio station in SF had a side business of sports memerabelia. It got out that the things were bogus. He ended up jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge just when the law wsa finding out about it.

FWIW, I once got a Deuce McCalister signed mini helmet at saints training camp in person one year, then took it to trade at a sports memorabilia show one year, and at one of the booths was one of these liscensed professionalist who determained whether autographs were fake or real, and the guy told me it was fake. I ended up getting $20 for the helmet at another booth, but I thought it was funny.