Just got home from Raleigh...

KD in CA

Well....it was a great trip except for the last 19 minutes.

A few thoughts:

The Sabre fans were FANTASTIC! "Sabre Alley" extended for one entire row of the RBC parking lot, much, much bigger than it was for Game 2 when I was there (yes, they went 0-2 with me in attendance; maybe it's not all Eryn's fault). We got there at about 4 and cars with NYS plates kept pulling in every few minutes for the next 2 1/2 hours. We talked to some good guys. It was a great time, everyone was so fired up. How often does a fan walking through his own team's parking lot get greeting with a thundering chorus of boos from hundreds of people? <_< I'd say there were about 2,000 Sabre fans there last night.

The game....ugh. They didn't play well, but neither did Carolina. Twice we had power plays nullified by a follow up penalty. That hurt. Miller looked shaky early but played very well. Briere was a non factor. Dumont tried to thread too many passes into tight spots.

I couldn't believe we had the lead at the 2d intermission, knew we were in trouble when we gave up the tying goal so early in the period. We never made them press. The delay of game penalty was VERY cheap IMO. Does that rule not have an intent clause? It was not a desperation move, he had control of the puck.

Attention Rory Fitzpatrick....there is a puck at your feet....Attention Rory Fitzpatrick.... It felt like I saw that goal coming for about 5 minutes; it was right in front of us. Did anyone else have flashbacks to that Pittsburgh series were Hasek lost the puck after it popped in the air and they scored the winning goal?

It's nice to know that they still know how to staff a Hooter's in the south.

In the end, an amazing season and a great playoff run. I hate to think what they might have accomplished without all the injuries.

I think its the injuries that did us in. Not the the backups didn't play with everything they had, but just too many at the same position. Anyway it was a great series and a great playoff run for the Sabres. Next year we'll win it with the Blue and Gold.

after the first goal you could obviously hear the sabres fans chanting, and the guy on OLN said "what you are hearing is lets go canes"....about 2 minutes later the noise continued and the other guy said "there are some sabres fans here tonight..."