Very Good Sabres Article

WWVaBeach

I think a good comparison can be made between this team's chances next year to the 2002-2003 Tampa Bay Lightning. That year, Tampa Bay really shocked the world with how well they played and look great in the playoffs...but eventually the inexperience and minor injuries knocked them down.

But everyone KNEW that Tampa Bay the following season, using everything they learned in 2002-2003, would go far in the playoffs. The 2003-2004 season as we all know, Tampa Bay won the Cup.

Taking it out of the NHL world for a second, its like the same vibe that I'm sure Steelers fans had last year. They had a great young team that lost the Conference Finals in 2004...but you KNEW that team was the start of something big. In 2005...Superbowl Victory.

It stings that we lost in Game Seven, but I think history (and the fact almost everyone will be back) tells us that the Sabres will most likely get even better next season. Scary thought for the rest of the NHL. Great news for us Buffalo fans.

I also compare the 2005-2006 Devils to the 1993-1994 Devils....a team that had 106 pts and lost a heartbreaking Game 7 in the ECF to the New York Rangers....while in no way am I suggesting Miller will be anywhere near Brodeur, I do see some simalarities between the two.

Let's hope this just makes this Sabres team that much hungrier...Golisano gets er done in the offseason!!!