Top Ten Tortureous Moments for Buffalo

2) Thurman's 3rd qtr fumble in our 4th SB - We were up 13-6 at halftime and had the ball in the 3rd qtr! I felt that this actually could finally be the day. Thurman fumbled and James Washington returned it for a TD to tie the score 13-13. It gave everyone a feeling of "here we go again" and Dallas rolled the rest of the way 30-13.

702003[/snapback]

This one is actually my worst.........Not the fumble, but that Thurman and the team quit right there. I've never fully forgiven Thurm for that.

As for mckee, the guy's a warrior... when i heard he wasn't going to play, i feared his leg might have to be amputated... after reading up about it today, if jay hadn't gone to the hospital, that might be the case now. Don't blame bruce either for not playing in that game, however i do blame him for not getting the shot... Also, this was the game where kordell stewart caught a TD pass BEHIND the backjudge, with both of his feet out of bounds, and the call stood. If i remember, this was a major case for the return of instant replay.

Anyways, here's my top 10:

1) Wide Right

2) No Goal

3) Homerun throwup

4) Phantom Goal

5) Ronnie Harmon

6) the Flutie fumble/miami game

7) The jacksonville playoff game (cause it was kelly's last game, and we all knew it)

8) super bowl XXVIII

9) Super bowl XXVII

10) super bowl XXVI

Two honorable mentions, for me at least, have to be

1) Will Wolford being stolen by the Colts in '93; and

2) Down 14-10 In the fourth quarter of the '88 champtionship game against the Bengals, Bruce Smith was called for a phantom face mask call on Esiason on a third down which extended a key drive for the Bengals. Replay showed that Bruce actually grasped the front of his shoulder pads.

You are mostly correct.

As I recall, however, Bruce had earlier refused to get a flu shot. Because he did not get a flu shot, he probably was responsible for getting the flu in the first instance.

Nevertheless, the guy was a great player for the Bills and I am glad that he was on our team for most of his career.

702126[/snapback]

AHH THE FLU SHOT...sorry you semi-educated people....Flu shots are way less effective than most people think.Half the time they get you sick and dont prevent a thing. If Bruce had had a flu shot he would still likely have gotten sick.

PLEEEASE ----flu shot schmu shot.

Two honorable mentions, for me at least, have to be

1)  Will Wolford being stolen by the Colts in '93; and

2)  Down 14-10 In the fourth quarter of the '88 champtionship game against the Bengals, Bruce Smith was called for a phantom face mask call on Esiason on a third down which extended a key drive for the Bengals.  Replay showed that Bruce actually grasped the front of his shoulder pads.

702591[/snapback]

That "facemask" happened in the 1st quarter. IIRC, that kept the drive where Smith got injured alive. After he messed up his leg, he was a shell of himself.

The 2nd huge call against the Bills was the phantom personal foul call on Burroughs that let Cincy go up 21-10 rather than try for a field goal.

AHH THE FLU SHOT...sorry you semi-educated people....Flu shots are way less effective than most people think.Half the time they get you sick and dont prevent a thing. If Bruce had had a flu shot he would still likely have gotten sick.

PLEEEASE ----flu shot schmu shot.

702592[/snapback]

Are you kidding? From the CDC&P:

you cannot get the flu from a flu shot
Almost all people who receive influenza vaccine have no serious problems from it.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

Don't scare people away from a very effective public health tool!

Don't scare people away from a very effective public health tool!

702711[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry...Anyone who is stupid enough to take any of his post seriously will undoubtedly have bigger problems in life than skipping a flu shot.

Like wandering into traffic.

Or setting their house on fire while cooking noodles and pickle juice...

that was on third down. as you may recall, jimbo threw an INT on 4th down.

702303[/snapback]

In the first SB against Dallas? Kenneth Davis got stuffed on 4th and goal, I'm certain. I remember the crucialness of the play like it was yesterday. What Jimbo INT are you referring to?

that was on third down. as you may recall, jimbo threw an INT on 4th down.

In the first SB against Dallas? Kenneth Davis got stuffed on 4th and goal, I'm certain. I remember the crucialness of the play like it was yesterday. What Jimbo INT are you referring to?

Nope, Dave has it right. Gardner on first-and-goal, Thurman on second down, KDavis on third down, and the INT (trying to force it to Metzelaars) on fourth.

From Relentless, Jim Kelly's quote about the INT:

"If I get sacked, it's still their ball, so I thought why not take a chance and throw the ball. I saw Pete, I saw Carwell. If I throw the ball out of the end zone, it's their ball."

As for mckee, the guy's a warrior...  when i heard he wasn't going to play, i feared his leg might have to be amputated...  after reading up about it today, if jay hadn't gone to the hospital, that might be the case now.  Don't blame bruce either for not playing in that game, however i do blame him for not getting the shot...  Also, this was the game where kordell stewart caught a TD pass BEHIND the backjudge, with both of his feet out of bounds, and the call stood.  If i remember, this was a major case for the return of instant replay.

Anyways, here's my top 10:

1) Wide Right

2) No Goal

3)  Homerun throwup

4) Phantom Goal

5) Ronnie Harmon

6) the Flutie fumble/miami game

7) The jacksonville playoff game (cause it was kelly's last game, and we all knew it)

8) super bowl XXVIII

9) Super bowl XXVII

10) super bowl XXVI

702499[/snapback]

All those we ones that I was thinking of, but what about the Jacksonville game in 04 where we lost the game on the last play of the game. (He was out) :doh:

Near misses:

- Bruce Smith having his hand right on the ball that Jeff Hostetler somehow held onto. It went as a safety, but this near TD would have sealed our first SB as a victory.

- Mark Ingram breaking about 8 tackles - Who could forget this colossal play? It was something like 3rd and 18 wasn't it? A huge first down. Likely the most frustrating single play in the middle of a game I have ever witnessed.

702006[/snapback]

I can't comment on the safety but the other play was all heart. :doh:

I still had to laugh though when watching that movie, Buffalo 66, when, like 3 years later, the Anjelica Huston character is watching a tape of the game acting as if the kick might be good this time.

702302[/snapback]

I still do that. Maybe THIS replay.... Reading that list has just made for a fun filled Sunday.. I hope I have enough beer.