Goodbye Sabres...

How nice it was to root for a real team - one with talent, heart, and a well-oiled organization. Great run, ran out of magic at the end (don't they always in this town?). Definitely good for the City and the League.

Now on to the pathetic Bills. Old owner, new leadership, huge holes on both sides of the ball. Both lines are a mess. Team is built from the outside in, instead of from the inside out, meaning the skill players on both sides of the ball don't have the line protection they need in order to make plays. Still no clear-cut QB and it's June already. I'm predicting 2-4 wins. FUG.

Just think though, after Villarrial, Fletcher, McGahee and Clements leave following the season, in two or three seasons we'll have one of the best secondaries in the league with no other talent. Doesn't that excite you.

How nice it was to root for a real team - one with talent, heart, and a well-oiled organization.  Great run, ran out of magic at the end (don't they always in this town?).  Definitely good for the City and the League.

Now on to the pathetic Bills.  Old owner, new leadership, huge holes on both sides of the ball.  Both lines are a mess.  Team is built from the outside in, instead of from the inside out, meaning the skill players on both sides of the ball don't have the line protection they need in order to make plays.  Still no clear-cut QB and it's June already.  I'm predicting 2-4 wins.  FUG.

701854[/snapback]

Start Here, work your way backward. It's amazing how bad/good things can be in the offseason.

How nice it was to root for a real team - one with talent, heart, and a well-oiled organization.  Great run, ran out of magic at the end (don't they always in this town?).  Definitely good for the City and the League.

Now on to the pathetic Bills.  Old owner, new leadership, huge holes on both sides of the ball.  Both lines are a mess.  Team is built from the outside in, instead of from the inside out, meaning the skill players on both sides of the ball don't have the line protection they need in order to make plays.  Still no clear-cut QB and it's June already.  I'm predicting 2-4 wins.  FUG.

701854[/snapback]

We'll only have to endure the Bills first four games before we can switch attention to the Sabres again come October.

How nice it was to root for a real team - one with talent, heart, and a well-oiled organization. 

701854[/snapback]

Um...I know nothing about Hockey but...weren't the Sabres described as a"no talent, no heart, shambolic" organization before this season?

701854[/snapback]

Up yours pal.

Please don't contaminate the Sabres run and what I think will be a good ten year run provided the rules will be enforced, with the Bills existence.

They do not compare.

Your shot don't they always has unfortunately pissed me off and made me overlook your positive statements. Especially since you then go on to (rightfully)

trash the Bills.

They are seperate entitty's :(

701854[/snapback]

Mannnnn....you suck. Sounds like you should just forget about the Bills. We all know the team isn't very good right now, but that's no reason to trash your own team (or make topics about how you can go back to "hating" the Bills. If you seriously feel that way, maybe you shouldn't pay them any mind anymore? Or maybe you just want and/or need something to complain about?

I am realistically thinking we're not going to win very many games...but I would never say I "hate" the Bills. YOU SUCK. :(

701854[/snapback]

if you hate the bills why are you here??????? i love the bills and even a 2-14 bills team i would love they are my team.go bills in"06

if you hate the bills why are you here???????  i love the bills and even a 2-14 bills team i would love they are my team.go bills in"06

701991[/snapback]

I have just started reading Marv Levi's Autobiography & the first chapter recounts our SB loss to the Giants with Scott Norwoods missed FG.

He finishes the chapter by describing how when the team got back to Buffalo there were 30,000 fans waiting at the stadium chanting "Scott, Scott, Scott"

That actually was aired in the sports section of the news out here in Australia. At the time it firmed my descision to have the Bills as 'my team'.

I finished that chapter with a lump in my throat.

I don't really know what my point is here....I think it is something to do with being a 'Bills Fan'.

I have just started reading Marv Levi's Autobiography & the first chapter recounts our SB loss to the Giants with Scott Norwoods missed FG.

He finishes the chapter by describing how when the team got back to Buffalo there were 30,000 fans waiting at the stadium chanting "Scott, Scott, Scott"

That actually was aired in the sports section of the news out here in Australia.  At the time it firmed my descision to have the Bills as 'my team'.

I finished that chapter with a lump in my throat.

I don't really know what my point is here....I think it is something to do with being a 'Bills Fan'.

701997[/snapback]

i'm thinking I need to finally get that book.

if you hate the bills why are you here???????  i love the bills and even a 2-14 bills team i would love they are my team.go bills in"06

701991[/snapback]

I hated last year's Bills team. Never got the sense that they gave a crap. The organization was in completely disarray.

701854[/snapback]

I agree with your assessment of the Sabres. That team had more heart then any other team in Buffalo history, and I can say I'm more excited for 2006 - 2007 hockey then I am 2006 football.

The Bills lack serious heart and it starts with vets not showing up at these workouts. The team needs work, and Marv was right when he indirectly refered to the Bills as being a mess that would take time to clean up.

I'll I hope is too see is the Bills improve and become a more consistent.

Um...I know nothing about Hockey but...weren't the Sabres described as a"no talent, no heart, shambolic" organization before this season?

701983[/snapback]

I don't know about shambolic, but they had a group of nobodys that none of the "experts" thought would amount to much. They just turned out to be just as good as the best team in the East (Ottawa) and defined a true team in every sense of the word.

Lindy Ruff is an underrated coach and if they can hang on to guys like Jay McKee, Chris Drury, Mike Grier, Daniel Briere, and Ryan Miller, the Sabres will be around for a while.

701983[/snapback]

Theres no point trying to make any sence here, its doom and gloom at one Bills drive, or your looking through rosecolored glasses.

Yes, the sabres were described exactly that way, Regier must go cause he did nothing in FA, Lindy must go cause he sucked, the sabres are going to suck cause of our crappy players like Tallinder, Campbell, Connolly, Pyatt, Only FA's signed was Teppo who was too old and we payed 2x what any other team would, and Lydman sucks, Sabres didn't spend enough and the team winn not come close to the playoffs. And that was mostly from the fans, atleast the media was consistent in never believing in the team until around the playoffs.

The Bills could surprise alot, especially if this group of younger guys without the me first veterans (like Moulds and Adams) can come out and play with heart and as a team. But I'm sure that wasn't what Marv was doing putting this team together, he and Ralph just watched Major League too many times (only get through the first 3/4's of the movie before taking a nap) and have decided to put together the worst team in history to lose fans and justify moving to LA