Jamal Lewis trying to rech a plea?

Thailog80

Come on guys.... he just finance a cartel that his friend ran.  It's not like he actually sniffed anything.  It's a common mistake and could have happened to anyone with the IQ of a nat.

52890[/snapback]

Indeed. If he allows this to proceed to trial, he could be looking at 10 years,according to the news. Sounds like he knows he would lose in court and that he did broker this Coke deal. A plea deal now gets him less than a year.

Indeed. If he allows this to proceed to trial, he could be looking at 10 years,according to the news. Sounds like he knows he would lose in court and that he did broker this Coke deal. A plea deal now gets him less than a year.

52991[/snapback]

Think you or I could negotiate a plea for less than a year in jail if we had done the same thing? Justice sure ain't blind anymore, that's for sure. There's a lesson to be learned here- Don't commit a crime unless you're rich and/or popular.

Looks like the deal is done. Lewis wont miss any games

Oct 2 Lewis has reached a plea-bargain agreement in his drug conspiracy case under which he will receive four to six months in prison, a term he almost certainly will not begin serving until after the football season is over, reports the Baltimore Sun.

Recommendation: With this deal, Lewis would not have to submit to the scheduled November trial nor worry any longer about a possibly career ending ten+ year jail term. His sentence "is expected to be on the low end of four to six months and could include time in a halfway house". Though Lewis could still face punishment from the NFL in the form of suspension and/or extensive fine, this resolution has to be considered a victory - and a huge relief - for the reigning NFL offensive player of the year.

Think you or I could negotiate a plea for less than a year in jail if we had done the same thing? Justice sure ain't blind anymore, that's for sure. There's a lesson to be learned here- Don't commit a crime unless you're rich and/or popular.

53018[/snapback]

So you and I have no worries. :)