Jay McKee = Leonard Smith

Leonard Smith got an infection from a pain killer injection in the days before SB XXVI and couldn't play IIRC.

:(

I don't think he ever played another game.

701798[/snapback]

I just hope the infection clears up and Jay realizes he has some unfinished business as a Buffalo Sabre to tend to.

I believe that was an infection in his joint.  A little different.

701804[/snapback]

From the very little I heard, though, McKee's infection could be serious. Having sudden pain and inflamation in a leg two weeks after cut can be a very bad sign - either acute cellulitis, which can be damaging (my wife had it in her arm three years ago, she still has tendon and nerve problems).

And that's pretty much the good option. The bad option...you don't want to know...

From the very little I heard, though, McKee's infection could be serious.  Having sudden pain and inflamation in a leg two weeks after cut can be a very bad sign - either acute cellulitis, which can be damaging (my wife had it in her arm three years ago, she still has tendon and nerve problems).

And that's pretty much the good option.  The bad option...you don't want to know...

701843[/snapback]

Either acute cellulitis, or what?

My dad had a bone infection in his foot back in March and we spent two weeks planning for an amputation. Then it either miraculously cleared up or was misdiagnosed in the first place. That was some scary sh--.

I might need a mellow-down myself after tonight. But I ain't ever, ever, ever questioning Jay McKee with the way that guy sacrifices his body game in, game out. Always been one of my favorites on this team, occasional dumb penalties be damned.

the story I heard through the grapevine was that leonard smith had the clap (no joke).

don't forget about bruce getting the flu after not getting his flu shot for the jacksonville playoff game

Either acute cellulitis, or what?

My dad had a bone infection in his foot back in March and we spent two weeks planning for an amputation.  Then it either miraculously cleared up or was misdiagnosed in the first place.  That was some scary sh--.

701893[/snapback]

"Necrotizing fasciitis" springs immediately to mind - because it's ugly as hell, not because it's common (it's highly unlikely he has that.) Basically, any infection is cellulitis, or something worse. The vast majority are minor - you cut your hand peeling an apple, it gets red and inflamed for a few days, and goes away. But if you've had treatment in the hospital, you're already out of the vast majority.

"Necrotizing fasciitis" springs immediately to mind - because it's ugly as hell, not because it's common (it's highly unlikely he has that.)  Basically, any infection is cellulitis, or something worse.  The vast majority are minor - you cut your hand peeling an apple, it gets red and inflamed for a few days, and goes away.  But if you've had treatment in the hospital, you're already out of the vast majority.

701975[/snapback]

The good news is that they didn't admit him, so they aren't doing systemic IV antibiotics.

Leonard Smith got an infection from a pain killer injection in the days before SB XXVI and couldn't play IIRC.

:)

I don't think he ever played another game.

701798[/snapback]

L. Smith ended up retiring because of it - never recovered. He tried suing the Bills but they came out squeaky clean and never had to pay him.

Now THERE is gratitude! <_<

The good news is that they didn't admit him, so they aren't doing systemic IV antibiotics.

701996[/snapback]

WKBW had a report from locker clean-out day on their 11:00 broadcast. McKee was there, but with the IV port still in his arm...

(FWIW, both he and fellow free agent Grier want to stay in Buffalo.)

the bad news is jay mckee only has to lace up one skate.

What a friggin warrior that guy was. He cut his leg with a hockey puck 2 weeks ago. You try cutting your leg with a hockey puck... it ain't possible unless its coming at you at 100mph. The respect i have for that guy is unbelievable.

As I remember it, Smith got the infection from Seagull sh-- on the RWS astroturf....(no joke, but sort of funny in a demented way).

701934[/snapback]

Those are code words from WW II. Didn't you see that movie.

In the code Seagull meant "hooker"; sh-- meant "canadian".

WKBW had a report from locker clean-out day on their 11:00 broadcast. McKee was there, but with the IV port still in his arm...

Okay then, outpatient IV antibiotics are better than inpatient IV antibiotics. :doh:

(FWIW, both he and fellow free agent Grier want to stay in Buffalo.)

I heard that. But what FA does NOT say that? Hopefully they accept enough to not break the bank and allow the Sabres to keep all their RFA's.

I also wonder what Teppo's thinking? He's getting long in the tooth.