Hockey Gods.....are you listening?

taterhill

Patience Grasshopper.

This will be a fun team to watch for ten years and will, I guarantee will be in finals next year and will win it.!

701986[/snapback]

If they can get past the Leafs....right? <_<:)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no Hockey gods.

702099[/snapback]

I could not agree more.

702100[/snapback]

Its kind of like finding out theres no santa claus. But instead of finding your parents putting presents under the tree, all you find behind the curtain is lawn gnome gary bettman and his canadian jerkoffs pulling levers and throwing switches.

There are no Hockey gods.

702099[/snapback]

No, there is one, but it likes toying with Buffalo for some reason.

How else do you explain a team losin a top defencemen to a broken ankle, then another to a broken arm, then one pulling a groin muscle/hip flexor (after having heart problems) and then, before the biggest game of the series, another to a Staph infection in his leg???????????????

There was a higher power working against Buffalo this year, and I think it lives on Buffalo Misery

There must be.  Nothing else can explain the horrid luck of losing four defensmen in ten games...

702106[/snapback]

That's the point. No God would be that cruel. It's worse than a plague of raining frogs (named brind'amour). It certainly can't be to teach us a lesson. How many do we friggin' need?

That's the point. No God would be that cruel. It's worse than a plague of raining frogs (named brind'amour). It certainly can't be to teach us a lesson. How many do we friggin' need?

702152[/snapback]

"As flies to wanton boys are we to the [hockey] gods,

They kill us for their sport."

W. Shakespeare

702152[/snapback]

Hockey Gods are not omnipotent; they are somewhere between gremlins and fate. They control the odd bounce, the freaky and the weird. Some people even think they help them get laid. They get angry when streaks are not honored - like Carolina touching the Price of Wales cup in 2002.

All you Atheists might get big toe blisters.

Just warning you.

Hockey Gods are not omnipotent; they are somewhere between gremlins and fate. They control the odd bounce, the freaky and the weird. Some people even think they help them get laid. They get angry when streaks are not honored - like Carolina touching the Price of Wales cup in 2002.

702156[/snapback]

Then they are not gods, they are linesmen. They just think they're gods.

Then they are not gods, they are linesmen.

702158[/snapback]

Never thought of it that way. Sounds too simple. That ruins my entire Pseudo-Religious-Cult-Schema. I guess I am going back to the whole

Monotheism thing - at least for the offseason. The friars already think

I'm heterodox anyway.

Never thought of it that way. Sounds too simple. That ruins my entire Pseudo-Religious-Cult-Schema. I guess I am going back to the whole

Monotheism thing  - at least for the offseason. The friars already think

I'm a heterodox anyway.

702165[/snapback]

What's a heterodox? Does that mean you only have sex with female doxes?

I believe that clip was from a few seasons ago, the game was a sell-out due to CA singing before the game. When he was done more than half of "the best fans in the NHL" had gone home before the opening face-off. Yeah, NC is hockey crazy. <_<