Jay McKee

30dive

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All i know is that several Edmonton players missed games vs. San Jose because of the Flu. He has a high fever and is taking fluids. Man, if it's a really nasty flu i really can't imagine how he is going to play.

So I'll ask the next question: Isn't a viral infection an infection?

701203[/snapback]

Sure it is, I just usually associate "infection" alone with bacteria, and if it's a virus, call it a "virus" or a "viral infection." I'm no doctor. It just seems like the common connotation. This is coming from someone with limited biology since high school so I'm not going to claim to be any authority.

All I do know is, if McKee has any virus or infection that prohibits from playing, that's bad. :D

Sure it is, I just usually associate "infection" alone with bacteria, and if it's a virus, call it a "virus" or a "viral infection."  I'm no doctor.  It just seems like the common connotation.  This is coming from someone with limited biology since high school so I'm not going to claim to be any authority.

All I do know is, if McKee has any virus or infection that prohibits from playing, that's bad.  :D

701210[/snapback]

Clinically, either's an infection.

Colloquially...you're right. Most people hear "infection", they think of a weeping, pus-filled abcess, which is bacterial. Or occasionally fungal. Or on very rare occasions Bennie Anderson...

Maybe he got rear-ended on the way to the arena by some sketchy character who was rubbing one out while driving.  After seeing there was no damage, McKee shook the guy's hand and caught the guy's rooster infection.

701218[/snapback]

I am starting to feel a little light headed.... :D

Sabres are either going to lose 2-0 tonight as they keep their forwards back on defense all night, or they just say "!@#$ it", play five forwards at all times, and outscore the Hurricanes 22-20.

701138[/snapback]

:D

This thread might be one of the all time funniest if it weren't so damn sad.

That being said...how much would it f up the Canes if we did play all forwards. Betcha Petey didn't prep his boys for that!

Bring back #5!!!

Colloquially...you're right.  Most people hear "infection", they think of a weeping, pus-filled abcess, which is bacterial.  Or occasionally fungal.  Or on very rare occasions Bennie Anderson...

701211[/snapback]

No, no. Bennie Anderson also weeps.