Ned Barnett at it again

eball

Linky

For the past two weeks I've thought that surely this guy will learn something as the series progresses -- I was wrong.  :D

701031[/snapback]

While driving home from work this morning: first time in at least a couple of years I can remember the normally even-tempered Howard Simon actually yelling on the air, in reaction to Barnett's latest dose of pablum.

nbarnett@newsobserver.com, if anyone wants to discuss ol' Ned's columns with him. Have fun. :P

While driving home from work this morning: first time in at least a couple of years I can remember the normally even-tempered Howard Simon actually yelling on the air, in reaction to Barnett's latest dose of pablum.

nbarnett@newsobserver.com, if anyone wants to discuss ol' Ned's columns with him. Have fun. :P

701035[/snapback]

Oh the horror!

It's not just Ruff who irritates. It's his team. The Sabres turn opponents' mistakes into goals. They scored short-handed in overtime to oust Ottawa.
The Sabres are beat up and worn out. They've done enough to acquit themselves with their fans and can go quietly with their pride intact and an injury alibi that will hold up.

The Sabres have succeeded despite the odds. Maybe they are a team of destiny to which logic doesn't apply and all of Buffalo will be lifted by their defiant success.

Good for them if they win, but shame on Carolina for not closing them out.

:D

What a maroon.

Linky

For the past two weeks I've thought that surely this guy will learn something as the series progresses -- I was wrong.  :D

701031[/snapback]

Seriously. Isn't the "we outplayed them and won 16 of the 18 periods" crap getting a little old? Ask Ottawa how many periods they won. It doesn't mean shat. If Carolina is so clearly the better team, as Neddy-boy states, why are we going to a game 7? Why couldn't they put away an inferior team, much less an inferior team missing it's top three defensemen and it's top playmaking center?

Ken Itchycock said it during the first round- a 7-game series takes the fluke out of it. The better team ends up winning. No dogsh*t team is going to win 4 out of 7 against a superior team. We've won three with half a roster of AHL players, and we've got the 'deep, veteran' Canes on the ropes. Big win tonight will make this clown's article a must-read tomorrow.