How many of you thought last October...

I had faith in them and decided not to judge the team until the season atleast started. But I guess that is a different concept to most Buffalo "Fans" who deem the team a failure before they even get to play a game and tell the team to show me before I will on the bandwagon because they have sucked in the past.

I had faith in them and decided not to judge the team until the season atleast started. But I guess that is a different concept to most Buffalo "Fans" who deem the team a failure before they even get to play a game and tell the team to show me before I will on the bandwagon because they have sucked in the past.

701162[/snapback]

Woah there, high horse...Come on back down. Worst post ever. Everyone I know was not very optimistic about the season, but was VERY happy to have hockey back. NOBODY (including you) saw them playing on June 1st, one game away from the Stanley Cup Finals, so don't feed me the 'holier than thou' bullsh*t. The city began rallying around this team before the Olympics, once it became apparent that their hot December wasn't a fluke. Buffalo is a great place when a team is going well; it's something that brings people together and creates a pulse of excitement throughout the area. What's better than running outside to let your dog take a leak, and you hearing the whole neighborhood erupt because the Sabres scored?

Bandwagon fans? Hop on! The more the merrier. Don't worry about the guy up front who is mad that you're here, and don't listen when he tells you you're not a real fan like him.

Woah there, high horse...Come on back down.  Worst post ever.  Everyone I know was not very optimistic about the season, but was VERY happy to have hockey back.  NOBODY (including you) saw them playing on June 1st, one game away from the Stanley Cup Finals, so don't feed me the 'holier than thou' bullsh*t.  The city began rallying around this team before the Olympics, once it became apparent that their hot December wasn't a fluke.  Buffalo is a great place when a team is going well; it's something that brings people together and creates a pulse of excitement throughout the area.  What's better than running outside to let your dog take a leak, and you hearing the whole neighborhood erupt because the Sabres scored?

Bandwagon fans?  Hop on!  The more the merrier.  Don't worry about the guy up front who is mad that you're here, and don't listen when he tells you you're not a real fan like him.

701180[/snapback]

I sensed around early January that this team had a chance to contend...but I certainly didn't see Game 7 of the Eastern Finals coming.

That's my point with this whole topic.

Mike

Woah there, high horse...Come on back down.  Worst post ever.  Everyone I know was not very optimistic about the season, but was VERY happy to have hockey back.  NOBODY (including you) saw them playing on June 1st, one game away from the Stanley Cup Finals, so don't feed me the 'holier than thou' bullsh*t.  The city began rallying around this team before the Olympics, once it became apparent that their hot December wasn't a fluke.  Buffalo is a great place when a team is going well; it's something that brings people together and creates a pulse of excitement throughout the area.  What's better than running outside to let your dog take a leak, and you hearing the whole neighborhood erupt because the Sabres scored?

Bandwagon fans?  Hop on!  The more the merrier.  Don't worry about the guy up front who is mad that you're here, and don't listen when he tells you you're not a real fan like him.

701180[/snapback]

Sorry, my post was directed more towards the Bills fans here (since this is the Bills board) that believe the Bills have no chance, when most people were thinking the same about the Sabres cause they didn't resign Satan and Zhitnik, or any big name free agents. I was willing to wait til the season started (just like I will with the bills) before I judged them. But I never thought I would have seen them playing into June until atleast the playoffs started. I wasn't trying to be 'Holier then Thou'