Explain this to me

Unfortunately, your assumption is incorrect.  I lived in Raleigh for 8 years.  Yes, their name is the Carolina Hurricanes.  However, they are not marketed outside NC.  Even marginally in the Charlotte / Asheville area.  They are marketed/supported very well in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Greensboro/Greenville area.  It is a matter of interest and involvement.  I's sure that some of my former Raleigh neighbors can support this.

701217[/snapback]

The Sabres aren't really marketed much in Southern Ontario, yet fans still come out and support them from there.

There is no excuse other then people from Carolina don't care about hockey to support the fact of bad ticket sales at Canes games.

Tonight's game will be one of the most watched games in Buffalo Sports History. It will be right up there with those big FB games played at the end of the season that the local football squadron played in during the early 90's.

If you live in WNY and aren't watching the game on TV or listening to it on the radio tonight, just what the hell ARE you doing? The ratings don't take into account all the people watching in bars or at gatherings in people's houses. This one is huge.