THANK YOU SABRES!!

They are fuggin fun to watch no matter what.

700523[/snapback]

Note to OBD:

This team has been outmatched in this series, down 4 defensemen and playing with a coach who went WAY too conservative in the third, and yet they still find a way to win a crucial game.

THAT is how you get 'er done.

A guy I work with sent an email to me yesterday (he is a big Devils fan)

"Are your Sabres going to fold like a cheap lawn chair tonite? That game the other nite was sooooooo Buffalo."

I felt the need to respond:

(AP)

Devils must wait again

The New Jersey Devils will be teeing off today at the Oakdale Country club without their golf buddies from Buffalo. The Sabres extended their playoff lives yet again with a gritty 2-1 overtime victory over the Carolina Hurricanes. The Devils, who have been on the golf course since the last round of the playoffs, have been practicing their putting and driving skills while the Canes and Sabres have been working at winning a Stanley Cup.

Devils fans have been able to get up close and personal with their favorite players as many of the players welcome free caddy service from fans. One such fan KD,(deleted his name), has welcomed the opportunity to wax the shafts of his favorite players. “ I like to get some really nice chrome polish for the shafts and make them shine, I pay special attention to the heads, just to make sure that those woodies are clean and polished on my favorite players tools” KD added “ If a players balls are dirty and in need of cleaning, I’m just the guy for the job” .

Even if you don't win tomorrow, THANK YOU for proving what guts, heart and professionalism are. We can only hope that the Bills follow your lead!

700515[/snapback]

Who are you, and what have you done with Joe?

I agree...this team is all heart and guts.

When the overtime started, I started to think about recent moments in Sabres playoff history at home in elimnation games and began to get a little down....98 ECF Joe Juneau.....1999 SCF game 6 Brett Hull's phantom goal...2001 Eastern Conference Semis Game 7 Darius Kasperities OT winner (Hasek's last game) and at this point I just said "F this I still believe, this Sabres team is different" and they showed us how different they are.

I cannot recall a Sabres team with more heart then this. Ever. Now I did not see the Sabres teams of the 70's so I stand corrected if there is another team from that era that had more.

Worst case scenario if the Canes win Thursday, I am just glad they did not do it in Buffalo, we have seen enough of that over the years to last a lifetime.

I think another positive in this series is this: Ward played VERY well..and he has been streaky at times...which is good..and even though Ward played very well last night, the Sabres still won...so let's hope Ward is not sharp tomorrow night, and hopefully the Canes try their goalie swap again and this time it will be too late!!!!

The storyline for game 7:

The Sabres have never won a game 7 of a playoff series on the road in their history.

Doesn't it seem fitting that THIS team, the team that has overcome so much all year, the team that watched their goalie, top forwards, and top defensemen all miss time to injuries, the team that has shown the heart, will, and desire to win every night, the team that set a franchise record for victories and boasts 63 total wins this year, the team that has taught Buffalo fans to believe it CAN be done rather than we are doomed...Doesn't it seem fitting that THIS team will be the first Sabres team to win a game 7 on the road?

You get the feeling the Canes are feeling the heat, just like you get the feeling everyone in the Sabres locker room knows they are going to pull it off.

The Sabres have never won a game 7 of a playoff series on the road in their history.

Doesn't it seem fitting that THIS team, the team that has overcome so much all year, the team that watched their goalie, top forwards, and top defensemen all miss time to injuries, the team that has shown the heart, will, and desire to win every night, the team that set a franchise record for victories and boasts 63 total wins this year, the team that has taught Buffalo fans to believe it CAN be done rather than we are doomed...Doesn't it seem fitting that THIS team will be the first Sabres team to win a game 7 on the road? 

You get the feeling the Canes are feeling the heat, just like you get the feeling everyone in the Sabres locker room knows they are going to pull it off.

700726[/snapback]

question about this Game 7 (and sorry if this was mentioned before):

Is this the first Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals in Buffalo Sabres history? I do not recall one in the past (not sure about the 70's though)

1- The Sabres have never won a game 7 of a playoff series on the road in their history.

2- You get the feeling the Canes are feeling the heat, just like you get the feeling everyone in the Sabres locker room knows they are going to pull it off.

700726[/snapback]

1- according to ESPN, Carolina is 0-3 in game 7's, Buffalo 1-3....whatever that means.

2- anyone see the interview with Briere on OLN, after last nights' game? He said he really felt they were going to win it in OT, a feeling he said he did not have when game 5 went into OT. I don't think I recall ever hearing an athlete saying he thought his team would lose. He said, prior to the OT in game 5, nobody seemed nervous in the Sabres locker room, which was a bad sign to him...whatever that means.

I don't know if it is just gamesmenship or that he is just an a**hole, but Peter Laviollete doesn't seem adverse to saying dumb things, and whining about things. I used to think Lindy was bad about this, but the meterosexual PL has taken it to a whole new smug level. I really hope the Sabres pummel his team.

question about this Game 7 (and sorry if this was mentioned before):

Is this the first Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals in Buffalo Sabres history?  I do not recall one in the past (not sure about the 70's though)

700762[/snapback]

Yes.

They've lost game 7 in the 1st round to Boston and the team Ed roots for and beat Ottawa.

They've lost in their only round 2 game 7 at Boston.

They were robbed of the opportunity to try for a game 7 in the Finals against Dallas.

Yes.

They've lost game 7 in the 1st round to Boston and the team Ed roots for and beat Ottawa.

They've lost in their only round 2 game 7 at Boston.

They were robbed of the opportunity to try for a game 7 in the Finals against Dallas.

700774[/snapback]

And I still say potentially robbed of a Game 7 in the 98 ECF with the no call when Holzinger was hauled down late in the 3rd which could have eveen been a PS or a sure PP

And I still say potentially robbed of a Game 7 in the 98 ECF with the no call when Holzinger was hauled down late in the 3rd which could have eveen been a PS or a sure PP

700776[/snapback]

That was pretty bad. But it wasn't nearly as bad as the (non and blown) calls in Game 2. If the Bondra "goal" is reviewed, the Sabres sweep that series.