The axe is getting ready to drop...who gets it.

With the June first cuts coming up we still have alot of area that need attention to. First, we dont have an answer for our LT woes unless you think Gandy is the answer.

Second, we need another big body to free up the LBs, 2 rookies and Triplett and Anderson will not cut it.

Third, with TKO still in doubt do we go after another LB to help out Crowell and the aging Posey, we know Fletch can get it done but not by himself.

Is there anyone that will get cut that can really help this team in these spots?I am interested in your thought.

I don't think there will be much impact from June 1st cuts (I thought that the new CBA changed it so that it made the June 1st cuts pretty much non existent anymore)

I have a feeling the big cuts will come later in training camp when the rosters need to be cut down and some of the high priced veterans get the axe

I don't think there will be much impact from June 1st cuts (I thought that the new CBA changed it so that it made the June 1st cuts pretty much non existent anymore)

I have a feeling the big cuts will come later in training camp when the rosters need to be cut down and some of the high priced veterans get the axe

700162[/snapback]

i think i agree with this. teams will wait and see if their younger up and comer type players are ready to step in and start. and then some of the proven vets will become available...but unfortunately at a higher price.

i don't see the Bills making too many more moves unless they really see some guys fail to show any development or improvement from last season.

With the June first cuts coming up we still have alot of area that need attention to.  First, we dont have an answer for our LT woes unless you think Gandy is the answer.

Second, we need another big body to free up the LBs, 2 rookies and Triplett and Anderson will not cut it.

Third, with TKO still in doubt do we go after another LB to help out Crowell and the aging Posey, we know Fletch can get it done but not by himself.

Is there anyone that will get cut that can really help this team in these spots?I am interested in your thought.

700157[/snapback]

Who do you think the Bills will axe? Will other teams be helped if they sign a Bill's cut?

I dont think a franchise left tackle is going to get axed and I am perfectly comfortable with Gandy there......

Now if another veteran offensive linemen that can back up at guard and tackle were to get cut......we should def look at that.....

700195[/snapback]

good post, Gandy is a decent LT. Perhaps he'll LOOK much better when he doesnt have a waste of space bennie andersen next to him.

I dont think a franchise left tackle is going to get axed and I am perfectly comfortable with Gandy there......

Now if another veteran offensive linemen that can back up at guard and tackle were to get cut......we should def look at that.....

700195[/snapback]

I am just looking for a solid player om the left side Gandy did not get it done last year.

One might go for one of the veteran quarterbacks that will get the axe (McNair comes to mind) but I think it would be wise to go with the three we have. The reason for this is that another Bledsoe type move would just delay our finding the quarterback who is going to lead the team for a few years. I suspect DJ and ML are going to go with the three (now four, with Wade) quarterbacks to pick a starter and bringing in an older high priced veteran might help the team this season, but it would just put off our finding a long term solution to the qb problem.

I am just looking for a solid player om the left side Gandy did not get it done last year.

700531[/snapback]

Gandy wasn't the problem, Bennie Anderson and Trey Teague were. Gandy did quite well actually. He would have been alot better if he didn't have to block BA's and/or TT's guys as well.

Tampa Bay improved itself enormously at tackle by signing Big Mike Williams.  I mean, that was one big signing right there.  It was huge.  So huge it blocked out the sun.

700469[/snapback]

So huge it blocked out the sun so Big Mike couldn't see where he was driving so he took the wrong exit and somehow ended up in Jacksonville :lol:

Who do you think the Bills will axe? Will other teams be helped if they sign a Bill's cut?

700218[/snapback]

The talk of creampuff Posey moving up to play on the line doesn't bode well for his future with the Bills in my mind.

So huge it blocked out the sun so Big Mike couldn't see where he was driving so he took the wrong exit and somehow ended up in Jacksonville :D

700902[/snapback]

If you haven't done so already--or even if you have--I encourage you to post this observation over at the 22 page Mike Williams Tampa Bay thread. A few dozen more posts pointing out Williams plays for Jacksonville would be a real help in getting that thread up to the 30 pages it deserves! :P

If you haven't done so already--or even if you have--I encourage you to post this observation over at the 22 page Mike Williams Tampa Bay thread.  A few dozen more posts pointing out Williams plays for Jacksonville would be a real help in getting that thread up to the 30 pages it deserves!  :(

701004[/snapback]

As we all know TD is the Son of Satan. As was pointed out in The Usual Suspects, the greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he doesn't exist. The 2nd biggest trick was convincing the world Mike Williams plays for Tampa