Paul Lewczyk

The only reason I included the TBD is many do not even know Paul by his name and the TBD would stick out and we( his friends) are only his friends because of this site.

I don't think it is tacky at all but will go with the majority.  maybe just leave off the  .com

In Memory Of Paul

& Darlene Lewczk

TwoBillsDrive

705154[/snapback]

This is an 11 page thread. If they do not know his name by now, then it really does not matter what else is put on it.

This is just my personal opinion (I speak for nobody but myself), but if the website is mentioned on the paver, I refuse to donate to it.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an 11 page thread. If they do not know his name by now, then it really does not matter what else is put on it.

This is just my personal opinion (I speak for nobody but myself), but if the website is mentioned on the paver, I refuse to donate to it.

705168[/snapback]

I fully respect your position, and I am in no way trying to convince you to change your mind. The following is merely my own opinion....

I met a slew of people because of this board; great people that I realistically would not have otherwise met.

If it was me, and you guys were buying me a stone, I would want it to mention TBD.

Again, the is nothing but an opinion and I will happily bow to the majority.

I could possibly see a handle reference or such, but the URL should be eliminated.  In fact, I know the larger stones can be made with custom logos.  Perhaps his avatar would be a good choice for an image?

705138[/snapback]

i like your idea scott .

I could possibly see a handle reference or such, but the URL should be eliminated.  In fact, I know the larger stones can be made with custom logos.  Perhaps his avatar would be a good choice for an image?

705138[/snapback]

If you're talking Snidely you'd have to get past trademark issues....

Just throwing out some commentary for discussion that may or may not reflect my own personal opinion...

There are two groups of people contributing in this thread - those that called the man "Paul" and those that knew him only as "Ghost of BiB". It is perfectly reasonable that the two sides may have different ideas on what text is appropriate on a memorial stone.

An argument could be made that this particular memorial, if it represents the collective sentiments of the community at large, is a memorial to "Ghost of BiB" as opposed to "Paul", (considering the number of people who, understandably, didn't know his real life name). That is the persona that he created for our consumption and one could argue it is that persona that should be honored by this particular group. Where he finally rests is the memorial to Paul Lewczyk.

Just to cut short any argument, twobillsdrive.com will NOT appear on the stone as I will not lend permission to use the URL in that context. However, since it is through the Stadium Wall that we got to know him on various levels, it seems reasonable to open up the discussion to see if there is a respectful and appropriate way to recognize the connection to the community, whether it be an avatar, a catch phrase he used, a handle, or whatever coes to mind, such that when we visit that stone - it reminds of us of him in the way he presented himself to us.

I did not know Paul, as I don't know any of you on this board. I've just finished reading through this post and a tear came to my eye. Actually, I'm fighting back more only because I'm at work. I just think of my two little daughters, my wife and other family members and friends and thank God I've got them.....for now.

It amazes me that hanging around this board not knowing you as individuals, I can feel the pain and, in other circumstances, joy of other people (you people) on this board. I guess that makes us friends. I'll consider it like that anyway.

RIP Paul......... :)

705168[/snapback]

How about

In Memory Of Paul & Darlene Lewczk

-"Friends from the Wall"

With his TBD avatar below it??

705392[/snapback]

As Dan mentioned, there will be trademark issues involved with putting his avatar on the paver. Nice idea, but not legal.

Just throwing out some commentary for discussion that may or may not reflect my own personal opinion...

There are two groups of people contributing in this thread - those that called the man "Paul" and those that knew him only as "Ghost of BiB". It is perfectly reasonable that the two sides may have different ideas on what text is appropriate on a memorial stone.

An argument could be made that this particular memorial, if it represents the collective sentiments of the community at large, is a memorial to "Ghost of BiB" as opposed to "Paul", (considering the number of people who, understandably, didn't know his real life name). That is the persona that he created for our consumption and one could argue it is that persona that should be honored by this particular group. Where he finally rests is the memorial to Paul Lewczyk.

Just to cut short any argument, twobillsdrive.com will NOT appear on the stone as I will not lend permission to use the URL in that context. However, since it is through the Stadium Wall that we got to know him on various levels, it seems reasonable to open up the discussion to see if there is a respectful and appropriate way to recognize the connection to the community, whether it be an avatar, a catch phrase he used, a handle, or whatever coes to mind, such that when we visit that stone - it reminds of us of him in the way he presented himself to us.

I agree with Scott. I see nothing wrong with showing the association with TBD - just the initials, not spelled out. After all, we are doing this for our rememberance and honor of their memory. And WE are TBD. In this context, Paul belongs to us.

Damnit Paul, we need you here to settle this.