Game 6: Carolina at Buffalo 730PM EST

I guarantee that the Buffalo Sabres beat the Carolina Hurricanes at HSBC tonight to force a Game 7 (not that I play or have control over anything!) :lol:

Forget the keys for tonight, taking this one game, one period, one shift at a time...time for guys like Dumont and Max to rise to the occassion tonight....all hands on deck defensively, with the top D man logging a ton of minutes...whatever it takes to win MUST be done tonight....

Teppo is being reported as doubtful for tonight...not sure if anyone out there can confirm this but if so it is a bummer...but Game 5 showed me even without 3 of the Sabres Top 4 defensemen...they can overcome this deficit and beat this Canes team.

Also...adversity, SO many Stanley Champions face it, and quite a few have overcome deficits, and all in the Conference Finals...94 Rangers did...2000 Devils did (down 3-1)...2002 Red Wings did...2003 Devils (won Game 7 in Ottawa)....so it is not uncommon, especially in recent history, to see teams that eventually won it all have their backs up against the wall...so it CAN be done!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

ummm, doomed?

699936[/snapback]

Not at all....I believe in this team....Game 5 was just an unfortunate loss, albeit a tough loss to deal with ...no reason to think the Sabres cant pull this comeback off...

Another thought: No matter what happens, would love to see this team get a long standing O or maybe even a "Thank You Sabres" chant going! :lol:

Not at all....I believe in this team....Game 5 was just an unfortunate loss, albeit a tough loss to deal with ...no reason to think the Sabres cant pull this comeback off...

Another thought:  No matter what happens, would love to see this team get a long standing O or maybe even a "Thank You Sabres" chant going!  :lol:

699938[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong either, I'd rather see Buffalo pull this out. At leat you guys know your hockey... I can't see Carolina as a major hockey state(s).

But it was just begging for a doomed....

I can't see Carolina as a major hockey state(s).

699941[/snapback]

I'll tell you what, should Carolina win and move on to the cup I think there is a good chance they will not sell out for a Stanley Cup final game. Ticket prices for that round will be even higher and they won't be getting 4000-5000 Edmonton fans helping to buy up the tickets.

I'll tell you what, should Carolina win and move on to the cup I think there is a good chance they will not sell out for a Stanley Cup final game.  Ticket prices for that round will be even higher and they won't be getting 4000-5000 Edmonton fans helping to buy up the tickets.

699946[/snapback]

Ill tell you what, do not underestimate how crazed these Edmonton Oilers fans are....they travel...did you see how many Oilers fans were in Anaheim the other night??

Look at the prices for tickets in Edmonton already!! :o

Ebay

I guarantee that the Buffalo Sabres beat the Carolina Hurricanes at HSBC tonight to force a Game 7 (not that I play or have control over anything!)  :o

Forget the keys for tonight, taking this one game, one period, one shift at a time...time for guys like Dumont and Max to rise to the occassion tonight....all hands on deck defensively, with the top D man logging a ton of minutes...whatever it takes to win MUST be done tonight....

Teppo is being reported as doubtful for tonight...not sure if anyone out there can confirm this but if so it is a bummer...but Game 5 showed me even without 3 of the Sabres Top 4 defensemen...they can overcome this deficit and beat this Canes team.

Also...adversity, SO many Stanley Champions face it, and quite a few have overcome deficits, and all in the Conference Finals...94 Rangers did...2000 Devils did (down 3-1)...2002 Red Wings did...2003 Devils (won Game 7 in Ottawa)....so it is not uncommon, especially in recent history, to see teams that eventually won it all have their backs up against the wall...so it CAN be done!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

699927[/snapback]

I have this feeling about Max. His non-scoring woes are all in his head. cant put the puck in the net and it messes with you and you try too hard. anyone who has played forward long enough knows this. But he knocks one in, and it opens the floodgates. I'm thinking that if max is able to net one either tonite or in game 7, we could be looking at at least 6 goals from him against edmonton.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

699927[/snapback]

Lots of the recent teams that won the World Series also came from behind when facing elimination to win a series in 7 games.

2001 Diamondbacks. 2002 Angels. 2003 Marlins. 2004 Red Sox.

Sabres will win tonight. I think this message board has had about enough horrible news for one day today.

Lots of the recent teams that won the World Series also came from behind when facing elimination to win a series in 7 games.

2001 Diamondbacks.  2002 Angels.  2003 Marlins.  2004 Red Sox.

700149[/snapback]

When did the 2003 Marlins face elimination?

Ill tell you what, do not underestimate how crazed these Edmonton Oilers fans are....they travel...did you see how many Oilers fans were in Anaheim the other night??

Look at the prices for tickets in Edmonton already!!  :o

Ebay

699953[/snapback]

I hope you are right they do travel in the event the Canes win this series. It would be a travesty to have the Cup in the Triangle.

I guarantee that the Buffalo Sabres beat the Carolina Hurricanes at HSBC tonight to force a Game 7 (not that I play or have control over anything!)  :D

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

699927[/snapback]

Lucky you. :lol: However,no more guarantees. This is a GREAT series! :)

Look at the prices for tickets in Edmonton already!!  :lol:

Ebay

699953[/snapback]

Those prices are in canadian dollars so it's actaully like $150 or so per ticket.

I think they were even down 3-1 in that series.

700152[/snapback]

they were down 3-2 also... :lol:  :D

700153[/snapback]

You're killin me man! BARTMAN!

700166[/snapback]

Ok ok, so I had a brain fart. Sue me. I remembered they took out the Giants, and I remember them taking out the Yanks in 6, but I had forgotten the world class choke job of the Cubbies.

We were a few innings away from Red Sox - Cubs that year.